PDA

View Full Version : Oyster River

Robinhood
08-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Wondering if anyone has any reports on the Oyster as of late. I am heading up that way for a few days next week and plan to give the mouth of the river a try with fly gear.

VanIslandGuy
08-05-2010, 05:52 PM
the pinks are in. Should be good times!

5 spike
08-05-2010, 08:45 PM
yep the pinks are in. good cutty fishin too.

Robinhood
08-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to it.

Robinhood
08-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Well I gave it a try and though we saw some jumping, we had no luck on the incoming tide. Nearly got caught on a sandbar as the tide came in. I had 1 " to the top of my chestwaders as we crossed back to the beach. Next day we gave the campbell a try (never fished there before). Other than it being a gong show with tons of people higher up - we found a spot a little lower down and managed to catch some pinks. All in all a good little outing in the midst of a family camping trip.

hutch
08-15-2010, 07:23 AM
do you think it will get better at the mouth we are heading up to pacific playgrounds next saturday and plan on trying fishing there

Robinhood
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
I think if we knew the terrain and the beach a little better we would have had better luck. There were fish there, but it was a challenge to get the fly to them as the tide came in very quickly and forced us back from the shelf / channel. I'd try it again, but I'd also be very tempted to make the extra little drive to C.R. as it is jam packed with fish right now. Good luck!

patbrennan
08-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Just got back from 2 weeks at the Oyster. First week there were fish to be found, but you had to work for them. Second week, very dismal. I don't know if there are more pinks to come to the Oyster, but it's getting late.
Best for me was catching the low tide change and the new couple of hours.
I was beach fishing, fwiw. The Campbell is full of fish, and fisherman. Nile Creek is also good as of a couple days ago and apparently coho are showing at the Eve and points north.