PDA

View Full Version : backroad goodies

gmcslinger
08-04-2010, 03:42 PM
hey im new to the site looks really helpfull and desided to join im new to hunting and have been scouting out all over the place and founds some cool areas iv came across alot of rabits out there and i saw that snowshoe hare is open now s i thought hey imma go get a rabbit my question is are there any species that you cannot hunt? or is it if it hops you can shoot it?

shadow1982
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM
have you been scouting at UVIC?

Tenacious Billy
08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
You should give the regs a good once-over.....maybe twice-over.

gmcslinger
08-04-2010, 04:08 PM
i went threw the regs and it say snowshoe hare aug 1st but im askin because im told u can hunt cotton tail to im in region 3 and we also have alot of crossbreeding to so im just confused on what you can shot and what you cant

gmcslinger
08-04-2010, 04:44 PM
i got threw to conservation they cleared it up for me

kennyj
08-04-2010, 05:07 PM
i got threw to conservation they cleared it up for me
Just wondering,what did they say about it?
kenny

gmcslinger
08-04-2010, 07:49 PM
they told me that in the kamloops area we do not have to worry about any species of rabbits that you cannot hunt but when you get more around the shushwap area there is one type of breed you cannot hunt i cant remember off of the top of my head i write it down i will have to look so pretty much they said anything that hops in the kamloops area is fair game i was always wondering because there is alot of cross breed rabbits

anyone have any tips or places a guy could try to find some snowshoe hare?

gmcslinger
08-04-2010, 07:50 PM
they also said when you get more towards the kootneys you have to watch for sertian breeds to

Jelvis
08-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I saw some good sized rabbits last winter wearing snow shoes, up the mountain in about a foot of snow .. those bear paw types snow shoes lol ..
KJel .. I saw a few robot rabbits too wearing snow shoes in kammy ..
Rabbits wearing snow shoes lol ..