PDA

View Full Version : looking for springer spaniel info

4pointhunter
08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
thinking of getting a springer they seem to be good family/bird dogs, and any info on them and where to find one would be appreciated
thanks
chris

08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
I have been around springers all my life. my uncle bread them and i owned them. They are a wonderful dog. they are great with family and a great flusher for upland birds. They arent a duck dog ( in my experiance) but they do the rest. The only reason i dont own one now is the maintenance of their coat and i hunt alot more ducke then i do upland.

BlacktailStalker
08-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I grew up with one Chris, good dogs.
Not sure where we got it though, I was 5.

huntergirl270
08-04-2010, 01:11 PM
Hupper Kennels in Hanmer, Ontario is where we got our girl from. Winston has one pup available right now or you could go on a waiting list for a coming litter. Let me know if you want me to send you some pics of our bitch, she is four now and is an amazing bird/family dog.

dakotawinters
08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
i have a link on my website to a springer lady on the island. She does mostly show dogs but she could prol point you in the right direction as she only does a few litters. Springwest i think its called.

Shooter
08-17-2010, 10:25 PM
You won't be disappointed Chris. Very high energy but ours is an awesome dog. We get Boones fur cut pretty short usually so there isn't really a ton of grooming. You do need to watch out for ear infections tho. We put drops in his ears which help to dry them out after he's been in the water much.

charbrc
09-01-2010, 09:12 PM
If you get to Vancouver on occasion there is a breeder on Westham Island. She has excellent hunting Springers. Mine in now 11 and 1/2 years old and still loves grouse hunting.