PDA

View Full Version : corked boots

cavebear
08-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know where i can buy corked boots that are like a hiking boot?

Danner has them on it web page but cant find anyone who has them.

Trailmaster
08-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Viberg makes some that will work they are a great boot, but all cork boots have a hard sole, I used to wear mine mushroom picking but had to but in a good set of in soles

cavebear
08-01-2010, 11:00 PM
sounds like im going to victoria :-D

blackwater
08-01-2010, 11:11 PM
A good boot repair guy should be able to put corks in most decent hiking boots. Golf shoes use the same threaded insert that corks use....don't have to have a hard sole. Also check out Ono's in Nanaimo...they used to have a hiking boot with corks.

Allen50
08-01-2010, 11:21 PM
you should be able to find them at works wear house, i use rubber corks there good and cheeper to replace, i carry mine when out hunting never know when they come in handy. good luck.

log_roller
08-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Does anyone know where i can buy corked boots that are like a hiking boot?

Danner has them on it web page but cant find anyone who has them.
try bailys down south they had them personally they blow i had a pair waste of money

wlbc
08-02-2010, 08:51 AM
You can order the Danner's on line and they will ship them to you. The sizing chart works well, just make sure you print it out actual size.

Now it's been awhile since I wore calk boots but as I recall Vibergs are a nice boot that break in easy bit don't last too long.

Not sure what your application is but I'm not sure I would recommend them for hunting as they are noisy and awkward to walk long distances on rock.

houndogger
08-02-2010, 09:35 AM
You can order the Danner's on line and they will ship them to you. The sizing chart works well, just make sure you print it out actual size.

Now it's been awhile since I wore calk boots but as I recall Vibergs are a nice boot that break in easy bit don't last too long.

Not sure what your application is but I'm not sure I would recommend them for hunting as they are noisy and awkward to walk long distances on rock.

I am sure he needs them for chasing after the hounds. I got a pair from onos in Naniamo. They aren't vibergs but they work great.

wlbc
08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Ahhh, running around in the wet forest on slimy logs chasing hounds.... makes sense.

mtnmanmike
08-02-2010, 11:07 AM
my brother handfalls trees on the coast and buys meindl canada pro's and has them resoled with a vibram corked sole. He has worn all types of vibergs but won't ever use anything else but his meindl's. He also cougar hunts in them and finds them to be the most comfortable corked boot. It costs him $400 for the meindl's from fisher's hardware and another $200 to resole them.

TyTy
08-02-2010, 12:21 PM
They have one pair, of meindl canada pro's, with a corked sole @ river sportsman in campbell river, i think high $400,

Kody94
08-03-2010, 09:56 AM
Whites Boots rock....

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30287

caterpillar
04-03-2016, 11:13 PM
There were several people here saying they got their hikers corked. Do you know about any place in Prince George area that would do this? Or anywhere else than Vancouver Island? I don't really plan to visit the island in the near future, but I might be able to make a trip somewhere in Kootenays or lower mainland...

BgBlkDg
04-04-2016, 01:04 AM
Call DeVito's in Nelson, could probably help you.

Harv
04-04-2016, 05:53 AM
Just a heads up, not sure if youve worn caulks before, but if not i suggest a cheaper pair to begin with because its very easy to destroy a pair of caulked hiking boots if
you arent used to wearing them, you un knowingling step and scuff your toes, if not, i wear the 10 inch meindl logger from the hoffman boots websight, been using them for years both logging and bt hunting. About 2 years out of a pair between loggin and black tail hunting the north island, would imagine if you dont step on your toes you could get 4 or 5 years. My hunting partner had caulked danners, they lasted one season before the seams started to fall apart. Hope theat helps

nitro hunter
04-04-2016, 06:25 AM
Hoffmans boots

303savage
04-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Corks go in wine bottles, caulks go in boots :-)

Brew
04-04-2016, 06:52 AM
You can buy mendle boots for caulked from Hoffman boots website. Not many guys wear vibergs anymore. I have the mendles and there great boots.
You can buy and hiking boot and get them resolved with caulks as well. When buying mendles always buy one size smaller than you normally wear. That's what I have found and I've had a few pairs caulked for work. They get worn everyday and last a long time if taken care of. I also like the ball tipped caulks over the standard pointed ones. They last longer. Way longer

Squire
04-04-2016, 06:56 AM
They have one pair, of meindl canada pro's, with a corked sole @ river sportsman in campbell river, i think high $400,

Neiser in Lake Cowichan also carries this boot; they are popular with fallers.

Boner
04-04-2016, 06:58 AM
There were several people here saying they got their hikers corked. Do you know about any place in Prince George area that would do this? Or anywhere else than Vancouver Island? I don't really plan to visit the island in the near future, but I might be able to make a trip somewhere in Kootenays or lower mainland...

Steve & Sons on George St did two pairs of Scarpa Invernos for me. Costed $120 a pair quite a few years ago.

RiverOtter
04-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Vibergs caulks suck a$$ and I've ran 'em all hand falling, from springer soles to logger soles to tricounied soles. Wet feet when it rains, dust comes through the stitching all summer and the stitches on the sides blow out inside of a month. They're so outdated in design, it's pathetic.

Meindls for me next.....

Harv
04-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Vibergs gone down hill for sure, i wore a pair of spring heel leathers for 4 years, pain and blisters for 6 months until my foot molded to the boot. Should be the other way around lol. Both my 10 inch meindls weigh less than one of the leather vibergs

Boner
04-04-2016, 07:41 PM
Same here. Took them falling and couldn't handle the pain. I gave them away to someone who probably won't wear them either.

RiverOtter
04-04-2016, 08:35 PM
You don't break in Vibergs, they BREAK you in.......

Anyone unfamiliar with the term "Lace Bight", need only spend a few hours in a pair of Vibergs.......:-x

Seth
04-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Neiser Sales in Lake Cowichan sells corked Meindl's. Give them a call. A good group of guys in there as well

Chopper
04-04-2016, 10:32 PM
You can have Meindl's " CAULKED "