PDA

View Full Version : MR 3 day assault?

pearljam
08-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Any one seen or own one of these packs? Im looking for a day pack that will last me a long time. Ive heard so many good things about thier nice frames ect.

I would just get a nice 6500 but just got a pack frame two years ago.

any info input would be great!

Devilbear
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I have one and like it very much for some things, but, for a hunting "daypack" I would buy their later model, "The Bighorn" and would get the waistbelt with pockets, plus a Kifaru Combat Gunbearer on a Long Universal strap and I would also put two of their RipZip pockets on the sides. I have one on my 3-Day on the back and will get another, they JUST fit, plus I will put "Fliptop" boxes on my waistbelt at each extreme rear, a cartridge carrier, a "Bottle Pocket" for my airhorn and a GPS pocket in front of that plus one on my left shoulder strap, these for the electronic gizmos and for a Leatherman and LED flashlight.

I want a Bighorn rigged like this, but, the 3-Day is more compact on a horse and will carry what you need in an emergency plus your spotter and tripod on the sides. You can rig straps from MEC to the Molle webbing there. HTH.

pearljam
08-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info....

Im not really looking for a full on crazy back pack like you are describing. I already have an internal frame and external frame pack. Just looking for a day to day pack. Somethimg for the quick afternoon deer hunt, or spring bear hunting. Something smaller to carry a spotter, tripod, camera, jacket, lunch, knife, gps.

I am finding my internal frame pack to be too big to use with a small amount of gear in it.

Not sure why i would want thier heavy duty waist strap. I wouldnt be using it to haul meat. Cape and horns at the most. Then use a pack frame for the meat.

What colour is your 3 day? wanna sell it?

Devilbear
08-01-2010, 12:01 PM
PM incoming.