PDA

View Full Version : Vedder fishing questions

Buck Skin
07-31-2010, 07:14 PM
Is anybody having luck in the vedder right now?:confused::confused:

cheers,bs

mijinkal
07-31-2010, 10:21 PM
nope. I was there on Sunday and there weren't many fish caught. Not too many people fishing either.
I also hit the Fraser in Chilliwack on Thursday and got nuthin. The water's still too high. It was still nice to get out and there weren't many people at all on the shores.
I think it'll be hot and heavy pretty soon.

britman101
07-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Summer months are usually slow on the Vedder as the Red Chinook run is a small one. Best chance would be at first light or the last few hours in the evening. Try some deep runs or pools and see if any fish are holding there, and float fish with roe.

noahs ark
08-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Try to get out during the week as you will have a better chance hooking a swimmer then anything on weekends. Fish the deep runs below the crossing and stick with it. The few who are catching them are keeping it to themselves.
We took the boat up fraser yesterday and saw 4 caught and about 20-30 sockeye. At least 2 lunkers were caught flossin but heard the bar fisherman were doing good with the spin n glos.
No fish blood in this boat though.

Buck Skin
08-01-2010, 07:02 PM
thxs for all your help i appreciate it
cheers Buck Skin

betteroffishing
08-02-2010, 12:47 PM
was up the fraser this last fri sat , got 6 sockeye to the boat and released them , right into native nets i figure but what the keck , no springs to my boat , but i saw 3 monsters landed. their out there. saw 1 guy fishing the vedder up by lickman , but that was it . beat the heck outta working for the weekend though.