PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon fishing with HBC'rs

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Been a member here and on other forums for several years and overthe last few years I started to get to "know" a few members and ended up taking them out sturgeon fishing.....

It all started with our infamous srupp... Steve has become a very good friend (and source of entertainment..:mrgreen:) and I look forward to our simi annual trips out....

I am now well into 20+ people I have taken out.... Honestly can say that I have enjoyed every person and would have them out again!

Next week (hopefully) I will be taking out another "famous" member and his son.....:mrgreen::wink:.... we have pm'd back and forth, talked and swapped a few stories..... the suspense is building as father and son watched a Fraser River sturgeon show yesterday......

Chris, if you read this. look back under a posting by Newhunterette on sturgeon fishing and you can show Michael pictures of the boat he will be on!

Looking forward to next weeks adventure and looking forward to getting my newest Albertan friend back out for some fall fishing, right Phil??

Mike

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 08:10 AM
To add.....

I looked back and see the fishing section doesn't go back to far.....

Alison, do you have any dino pics you can post to get Michael worked up on?? Thinking we might have to strap him to the boat for a big one.....:mrgreen:

NaStY
07-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Here is a couple for ya....

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/becauseican_2007/Picture531.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/becauseican_2007/Picture535.jpg

And little we hooked for a couple hours......

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb240/becauseican_2007/Jspics236edited.jpg

Will those do?

newhunterette
07-28-2010, 08:50 AM
some pics for you Michael

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/Sturgeon%20Fishing%20with%20Mike/DSC_0088.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2009%20august%20sturgeon/DSC_0023.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2009%20august%20sturgeon/DSC_0044.jpg

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Nice fish Nasty!

You got the bug too do you!!??.....:mrgreen:

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks as usual Alison.....:mrgreen::wink:

NaStY
07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Have had it for many years. Used to guide out there at one point. Dont have a boat any more so don't do it as much these days...

Its still a blast when I do get the chance.............

newhunterette
07-28-2010, 08:58 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/sturgeon%20with%20Rick%20G/P1010247.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0178.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/fishing%20shots/DSC_0202.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/HBC%20friends%20Sturgeon%20fishing/DSC_0032.jpg

newhunterette
07-28-2010, 09:01 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2008%20E7P%20fishing/P1050385.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2008%20E7P%20fishing/P1050400.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2008%20E7P%20fishing/P1050375.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/HBC%20pics%20for%20members/leaseman/mike3.jpg

There ya go, that should get your adrenelin pumping :)

mijinkal
07-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Awesome!!

I went sturgeon fishing for the first time a couple weeks ago and I'm definitely hooked! I only landed a small guy, but it was a hell of a fight!

willyqbc
07-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Next week (hopefully) I will be taking out another "famous" member and his son.....:mrgreen::wink:

......yeah....a legend in my own mind!!!:razz:

Michael and i are both extremely excited with the prospect of spending some time on the water with you and your son chasing these great beasts, really can't thank you enough!!! I will have to warn you though the kid has a pretty good track record on above average "first fish" .....1st Kokanee 2.5 lbs, 1st spring 32#'s, 1st halibut 40#'s, 1st char 13#s......I figure if his luck holds true that should put him on about a 7 1/2 footer first thing!!:mrgreen:

I had allready searched the sturgeon threads on here and saw the one you were talking about posted by Alison.....sweet looking boat!:-D

Hey Nasty beauty fish there....just for perspective.....how long were the two bottom pics, how long did it take you to haul in that beast in the bottom pic??

Chris

Barracuda
07-28-2010, 09:57 AM
gonna be doing a little later today :mrgreen:

Steeleco
07-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Damn, I've got the boat, just never get around to doing the deed. I recognize many of those spots on the river, maybe I should try harder huh?

Swamp Rat
07-28-2010, 10:42 AM
A few from Lillooet area

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Misc_2009_255.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=19863&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=18402)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Misc_2009_244.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=19864&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=18402)

srupp
07-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Chris you will have a blast with Mike and he certainly knows his sturgeon...and is a very generous individual taking a lot of newbies out ...

Just dont play cards with him he ALWAYS seems to have 7 aces..:confused::wink:

just never enough ANCHORS..:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

take a lot of photos and some a5 for the sore muscles..after stretching line with a 8 foot or biiger DINO..

tight lines....

Steven

07-28-2010, 12:25 PM
aaahhhhhh where do i sign!

newhunterette
07-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Oh come on Steve admit it, you liked being anchored and in close quarters to Peter after the anchor had to get dumped.

hehehehehe

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Damn, I've got the boat, just never get around to doing the deed. I recognize many of those spots on the river, maybe I should try harder huh?

Or just taken me up on the offer a couple of years ago.....:mrgreen:..... it is OK to recognize the spots, another thing to know when to fish them....:wink:

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Chris you will have a blast with Mike and he certainly knows his sturgeon...and is a very generous individual taking a lot of newbies out ...

Just dont play cards with him he ALWAYS seems to have 7 aces..:confused::wink:

just never enough ANCHORS..:mrgreen:

take a lot of photos and some a5 for the sore muscles..after stretching line with a 8 foot or biiger DINO..

tight lines....

Steven

Stop with the anchor jokes.....geeeeshhhhh, it has only been two in the last year.... and I think the second one was YOUR fault....:wink:....

Don't put any stress on me Buddy as we have been searching for that 8'r for you for a couple of years..... need to get you back down for a later October fish!

Leaseman
07-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh come on Steve admit it, you liked being anchored and in close quarters to Peter after the anchor had to get dumped.

hehehehehe

Never did figure out where those two disappeared to every once in awhile....:confused::mrgreen:

srupp
07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
hmmmm PETER???? wasnt that the guy whos wife had a dog that came with a handle???:mrgreen:....

steven

newhunterette
07-28-2010, 05:59 PM
hmmmm PETER???? wasnt that the guy whos wife had a dog that came with a handle???:mrgreen:....

steven

okay call me sweetie in one thread and then insult my Remington in his life jacket grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you meanie

Chris, you will be addicted the minute you feel that dino on the line. The small ones are just as much fun to fight as the big ones - just the big ones look better in pictures

oldtimer
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Okay that will be my Grandson out here with you animals, Alison if you are on the river please keep your eye out for the little guy if someones anchor has a problem.
Also remember if someone wants a little help in 5-13, 5-02, 7-10 etc.
Mike I figure it will take a good 7' to go against Chris's 300 pounds.
hope you all have fun. ...... Mike

srupp
07-28-2010, 08:24 PM
hmmm ALi you are a sweeeetie..and your dog was cute..AND the only one wearing a pfd..:mrgreen:...goes to show the priorities...:wink:

Always fun when the gang gets together.....

cheers
Steven

NaStY
07-28-2010, 10:53 PM
......yeah....a legend in my own mind!!!:razz:

Michael and i are both extremely excited with the prospect of spending some time on the water with you and your son chasing these great beasts, really can't thank you enough!!! I will have to warn you though the kid has a pretty good track record on above average "first fish" .....1st Kokanee 2.5 lbs, 1st spring 32#'s, 1st halibut 40#'s, 1st char 13#s......I figure if his luck holds true that should put him on about a 7 1/2 footer first thing!!:mrgreen:

I had allready searched the sturgeon threads on here and saw the one you were talking about posted by Alison.....sweet looking boat!:-D

Hey Nasty beauty fish there....just for perspective.....how long were the two bottom pics, how long did it take you to haul in that beast in the bottom pic??

Chris

The biggest fish was about 2 hours from the time we hooked it till we took the pics and sent it free. It was about 10' long. The pic above that was only about 5.5'. Ive caught so many under 8' I don't really bother taking pics.

Had a friend out there today and they landed a 7", 6' and few around 4'. The fish are there for sure......

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Okay that will be my Grandson out here with you animals, Alison if you are on the river please keep your eye out for the little guy if someones anchor has a problem.
Also remember if someone wants a little help in 5-13, 5-02, 7-10 etc.
Mike I figure it will take a good 7' to go against Chris's 300 pounds.
hope you all have fun. ...... Mike

Well Mike, it will be nice to have someone close to my size so I don't get the rod handed off to me!!!

Everyone likes to tease me about anchors since I lost two in the last year, hadn't lost one in the last 8-9 years before that..... almost makes a grown man cry when you cut the line and drop 50' (wholesale $4.50 a foot) of chain down onto a $250.00 anchor......:icon_frow

The interesting thing about dinos Mike is you don't know what you are getting until you set the hook.... Does Michael know how to water ski....:mrgreen: ....(jk)

Nice thing is having them down for two days...... hopefully can send them home just a tad sore and tired...... Can't guarantee big fish, but will guarantee some fun!

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 08:56 AM

Mike you have nothing to worry about - I will protect Michael from becoming part of the deep - if I can talk peter into going out on our boat we usually anchor up not far from Leaseman's boat just on the off chance he has to cut loose his anchor. Although I think young Michael is very apt at holding his own when entering into any new type of sport. The boy's accomplishments are amazing.

hmmm ALi you are a sweeeetie..and your dog was cute..AND the only one wearing a pfd..:mrgreen:...goes to show the priorities...:wink:
Steven
LOL Steve , well Remington is very high on my priority list - he is priceles and looks too much like eagle snacks and sturgeon bait - besides you enjoyed giving him a cuddle too - he warms your heart :)

Well Mike, it will be nice to have someone close to my size so I don't get the rod handed off to me!!!

Everyone likes to tease me about anchors since I lost two in the last year,
The interesting thing about dinos Mike is you don't know what you are getting until you set the hook.... Does Michael know how to water ski....:mrgreen: ....(jk)

Hey now - I hand you the rod only because I don't know how to sturgeon ski, and being only 5'2" and hooking a 7' sturgeon makes things a tad difficult to pull up lol - Chris, if Micheal hooks a big one that can take him for a ski trip, Mike will always have the fight belt ready to strap on him.

Knowing the video man you are, I am certain we will see some amazing footage of you 2 days on the river.

If we don't take out boat out I will be a stowaway on Mike's boat with my camera as well.

Barracuda
07-29-2010, 10:00 AM

Everyone likes to tease me about anchors since I lost two in the last year, hadn't lost one in the last 8-9 years before that..... almost makes a grown man cry when you cut the line and drop 50' (wholesale $4.50 a foot) of chain down onto a $250.00 anchor......:icon_frow

!

i am gonna guess you are useing 3/8 grade 70 transport chain? you can sometimes find it at half that price . Are your anchors the rocking type?
I have a large one here that came with out boat that i will never use if your interested
(I welded up a smaller one for our boat).
are you fastening to the top of the anchor only or do you have the chain attached to the bottom and then fastened to a top breakaway link so the anchor can be pulled out backward if it gets stuck?

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 10:18 AM
i am gonna guess you are useing 3/8 grade 70 transport chain? you can sometimes find it at half that price . Are your anchors the rocking type?
I have a large one here that came with out boat that i will never use if your interested
(I welded up a smaller one for our boat).
are you fastening to the top of the anchor only or do you have the chain attached to the bottom and then fastened to a top breakaway link so the anchor can be pulled out backward if it gets stuck?

Grade 4, 3/16" BBB chain.....winch is a Lewmar 700 and this is what the gypsy's spec'd for.... on the anchor I have the slide so when it gets stuck it is easy to pull out (usually....:icon_frow), but sometimes it binds/gets wrapped on something that will never surrender it!

Appreciate the offer but I have a couple on the go now.....:wink:

srupp
07-29-2010, 10:24 AM
ya Mike was snelling fish heads on the anchor in hopes of catching WALTER...:wink::mrgreen: maybe we did??lol we sure did try hard to lose that anchor..and finally after a hour did..OOOOOPS

cheers

FRED:mrgreen:

willyqbc
07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Well this is startin to shape up to be a real fine rodeo!!!

This trip kind of came together on pretty short notice, but I'm sure glad it did......If I had to sit around for a month anticipating this I think I might go a little batty!!

Chris, if Micheal hooks a big one that can take him for a ski trip, Mike will always have the fight belt ready to strap on him.

Well i'd sure rather he get a big one than me so if we hook into a decent one I will do what we do on halibut with him......me behind him with arms around him and helping support the rod while he fights it, he dictates what happens and I add some muscle to his intent!!:) Not a lot of people get the chance to catch a fish that is literally bigger than they are....can't think of much that would be cooler than that for a young outdoorsman!!!!

he is priceles and looks too much like eagle snacks and sturgeon bait

i was just thinkin that handle would be a great place to rig up a hook and that fur would hold that fish stink gel really well!!!:mrgreen:

Knowing the video man you are, I am certain we will see some amazing footage of you 2 days on the river.

If we don't take out boat out I will be a stowaway on Mike's boat with my camera as well.

A second camera would be awesome, specially if you guys are out in your boat and anchored side by side close by.....fishing footage from another boat seems to work out very well!! Does your vid camera download to your computer? If so I will bring my external hard drive to download your footage to take home with me. Do you happen to have a decent digital still camera....mine went kaput last week:confused:

.....139 hours and counting!!!!!:mrgreen:

Chris

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Well sounds like Pete and Alison need to get their butts off the couch (:wink:) and show up (early) on wednesday AND Thursday........:mrgreen:

willyqbc
07-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey Mike.....we on for Tues-Wed (3rd-4th) or wed-thurs (4th-5th)?? I thought it was the 4th-5th......no big deal either way on my end, will just have to adjust my hotel reservation if it is the 3rd-4th!

Chris

Barracuda
07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
what baits are you useing?we have roe, salmon bellies ,oolikins sardines and even squid.

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Well this is startin to shape up to be a real fine rodeo!!!

gonna be ridin dinos

This trip kind of came together on pretty short notice, but I'm sure glad it did......If I had to sit around for a month anticipating this I think I might go a little batty!!
Well i'd sure rather he get a big one than me so if we hook into a decent one I will do what we do on halibut with him......me behind him with arms around him and helping support the rod while he fights it, he dictates what happens and I add some muscle to his intent!! Not a lot of people get the chance to catch a fish that is literally bigger than they are....can't think of much that would be cooler than that for a young outdoorsman!!!!

um that sounds like a good idea - who is gonna get behind me and give me some muscle - oops did I really just ask that? shakin her head - oh boy

I am looking forward to meeting this little manchild - I love seeing the kids when they bring in their first sturgeon

i was just thinkin that handle would be a great place to rig up a hook and that fur would hold that fish stink gel really well!!!:mrgreen:

oh no ya didn't - oh them are fighten words lol - you wait you're gonna get it - you are a cheeky bugger:-D

A second camera would be awesome, specially if you guys are out in your boat and anchored side by side close by.....fishing footage from another boat seems to work out very well!! Does your vid camera download to your computer? If so I will bring my external hard drive to download your footage to take home with me. Do you happen to have a decent digital still camera....mine went kaput last week:confused:

Chris all my cameras download direct to my computer - I have 2 digital cameras (NikonD80) and an smaller Olympus with video capabilities as well as a sony HD digital video cam with photo capabilities and a new GoPro head cam with both video and photo capabilities so we are good to go -

.....139 hours and counting!!!!!:mrgreen: gonna be sweet

Chris

Well sounds like Pete and Alison need to get their butts off the couch (:wink:) and show up (early) on Tuesday AND Wednesday........

Mike, talk to Peter, you have such a persuasive manner with him hehehehehehe

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Hey Mike.....we on for Tues-Wed (3rd-4th) or wed-thurs (4th-5th)?? I thought it was the 4th-5th......no big deal either way on my end, will just have to adjust my hotel reservation if it is the 3rd-4th!

Chris

Me bad..... Wednesday and Thursday is the right days...... sorry Chris!!!

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Me bad..... Wednesday and Thursday is the right days...... sorry Chris!!!

oh sure Peter and I would be out there Tuesday and no Mike on the water - silly goose

Chris - are ya sure you wanna go with him he is getting old and forgetful ya know almost 50 hehehehe

luv ya Mike heheheheheh

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 12:51 PM
what baits are you useing?we have roe, salmon bellies ,oolikins sardines and even squid.

I have salmon parts, roe, eulichon and a few other treats, but in the last two outings, oolies outfish all other baits.....:wink:

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
oh sure Peter and I would be out there Tuesday and no Mike on the water - silly goose

Chris - are ya sure you wanna go with him he is getting old and forgetful ya know almost 50 hehehehe

luv ya Mike heheheheheh

Hmmmm.... now the old jokes are comming out eh! Well maybe Chris should go out with you at first light Alison, then once the geratol kicks in I will hop on my electric skooter and try and catch up.........:mrgreen:...... Luv you too little girl......:tongue:

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
hey guys, guess what your birthdays are only 1 day apart - so we will have to make something special for this trip to celebrate

willyqbc
07-29-2010, 02:06 PM
who is gonna get behind me and give me some muscle
well now thats a whole different rodeo.....you coasters really know how to roll out the hospitality!!!HAHAHA!!

No worries.....its a river, only 2 directions you can go....how lost could we get???:mrgreen:

I will hop on my electric skooter and try and catch up

uh huh... now that I've seen a pic of you I'm thinking your gonna have about as much luck on an electric scooter as i would!!! we'd burn the thing out in the first km.....that is if its not too bottomed out to move in the first place!!!!:wink: :mrgreen:

Chris

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 02:10 PM
well now thats a whole different rodeo.....you coasters really know how to roll out the hospitality!!!HAHAHA!!

uh huh... now that I've seen a pic of you I'm thinking your gonna have about as much luck on an electric scooter as i would!!! we'd burn the thing out in the first km.....that is if its not too bottomed out to move in the first place!!!!:wink: :mrgreen:

Chris

OMGosh I can't stop laughing - I have a visual of you both in a scooter race now

bsa30-06
07-29-2010, 03:48 PM
OMGosh I can't stop laughing - I have a visual of you both in a scooter race now

The great HBC scooter race.......cant wait for the video of that one:-D.....Good luck guys,

oldtimer
07-29-2010, 07:49 PM
Anymore jokes about OLD guys and I will Ground both Chris and MIchael.
No scooter made for Chris. Anybody need advice on Bows ask Michael :)..............Poppa Mike

newhunterette
07-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Anymore jokes about OLD guys and I will Ground both Chris and MIchael.
No scooter made for Chris. Anybody need advice on Bows ask Michael :)..............Poppa Mike

hehehehehe oops sowwy Poppa Mike hehehehehehehe - um well was only teasin a little bit - no need to be groundin anyone lol oops

besides you aint old you just like being called oldtimer :)

I have to be nice - I am coming to Quesnel in a few weeks for hockey with Braydon :)

willyqbc
07-29-2010, 08:36 PM
OHHHH GREAT!!!!.....now you did it!!!! I told you we were gonna get in trouble!!! Now he's gonna tell my MOM and we're really gonna get it!!!!

We'll we can just kiss the big scooter race goodbye....no way she's gonna let me come out and play now.....you probably just got me grounded for the rest of the summer!!!!:cry::cry: I'm gonna go pout now......

Chris

Leaseman
07-30-2010, 07:44 AM
No worries Chris..... what happens in Aldergrove, stays in Aldergrove.....:mrgreen:

Maybe we should tease Poppa Mike and invite him down hext time you venture this way.....:wink:.... make sure his hernia really is healed.....

Got to go out and get the new reel spooled up today so we can see if young Michael (or old Dad...:-D) can get spooled........ nice going mid week as things should be a little tamer on the water.........

Mike

p.s. Chris, call me today so we can finalize eveything and I can know where to find you!!

oldtimer
07-30-2010, 08:03 AM
Chris is at work till 6:00 tonite Mike but i will let him Know. Mike

newhunterette
07-30-2010, 08:22 AM
OHHHH GREAT!!!!.....now you did it!!!! I told you we were gonna get in trouble!!! Now he's gonna tell my MOM and we're really gonna get it!!!!

We'll we can just kiss the big scooter race goodbye....no way she's gonna let me come out and play now.....you probably just got me grounded for the rest of the summer!!!!:cry::cry: I'm gonna go pout now......

Chris

heheheheeh sumin tells me this is gonna be a real wild ride with lots of laughter

No worries Chris..... what happens in Aldergrove, stays in Aldergrove.....:mrgreen:
unless Alison has her cameras going lol

Maybe we should tease Poppa Mike and invite him down hext time you venture this way.....:wink:.... make sure his hernia really is healed.....

Got to go out and get the new reel spooled up today so we can see if young Michael (or old Dad...:-D) can get spooled........ nice going mid week as things should be a little tamer on the water.........
ohhhhhhhhhh yur gonna be in trouble for that one Mike hehehehehe
Mike

p.s. Chris, call me today so we can finalize eveything and I can know where to find you!!

srupp
07-30-2010, 11:50 AM
hmmm already wildly out of control like a slow moving train wreck..inevitable..:mrgreen:.....its gonna be wild...those dinos better hide...

or theyc ould DIE...laughing..:wink:

tight lines...
jealous in the Pond:mrgreen:

Leaseman
07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
hmmm already wildly out of control like a slow moving train wreck..inevitable..:mrgreen:.....its gonna be wild...those dinos better hide...

or theyc ould DIE...laughing..:wink:

tight lines...
jealous in the Pond:mrgreen:

well remember Buddy, you are family, you never need an invite!!!....:wink:

As far as a train wreck goes, no problem, I will just borrow my buddies boater card again, blow up the ballons for life jackets and replace the old gum with new so it doesnt leak too fast.... gotta remember to sifon off some gas from the neighbor so maybe we will be lucky and the boat will start this time.....as far as bait goes, Chris has his eye on bait that comes with a handle!!!

Should be good, hopefully we won't make the new this time......:mrgreen:

srupp
07-30-2010, 12:57 PM
way too funny..bait with a handle....lmao...

I have been blessed with amazing friends..generous , knowlegable, and hospitable...you are among those great folks..have a blast and take some photos..and hopefully my knees and shoulders will sometime mend and look forward to another Dino trip in the future..Chris and his son are in very good and capable hands...

But just in case I WILL wtach BCTV news those 2 nites..:eek:

Steven

newhunterette
07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
..as far as bait goes, Chris has his eye on bait that comes with a handle!!!
......:mrgreen:

way too funny..bait with a handle....lmao...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:evil:

srupp
07-30-2010, 01:25 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????:mrgreen: surely you dont think..naaawww you would even suggest we were aluding to Remmington?????

Ali....Mike was just referring to the Handle...I mean the stuff we ties the bait on with...sturgeon ...OOOPS I mean WE love Remmy:mrgreen:

cheers Dears..

Steven

oldtimer
08-03-2010, 05:25 AM
Heads up Aldergrove !!! Chris and Michael will be on their way this mornin.
Warn the Sturgeon !! Have fun everybody. ..Mike

newhunterette
08-03-2010, 07:59 AM
it's gonna be so great - looking forward to meeting both Chris and Michael

gonna fish all day tomorrow and then feed everyone later on

drive safe Chris

kodiak1
08-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Four of us came out over the weekend and had a really nice time Sturgeon and salmon fishing.
Would have been nice if the salmon were more cooperative but that is life.
The sturgeon well I still have sore arms and it will be an experience I will never forget.

Ken.

newhunterette
08-04-2010, 06:20 AM
well leaseman and willyqbc and mini leaseman and youngin Mike are on the road to launch we are heading in 5 minutes and already Willyqbc says to me on the phone "don't forget the fuzzy bait" mr smarty pants - good thing I have trained Remmy to sic "Balls" hehehehehehhe

srupp
08-04-2010, 10:00 PM
and so it continues.....sigh... everyone having a BALL......

steven

newhunterette
08-05-2010, 04:59 AM
fantastic day 1 (not gonna give too much away as I am sure willyqbc and leaseman will give the details) but I can say, lots of laughter, absolutely gorgeous weather (I got a tad sunburned).

Breanne caught her first sturgeon so she was pretty excited. She was worried anything bigger than her 3 footer would not be possible for her to reel in as she has a gibbled arm and still healing from her surgery but she did really well.

Everyone came back to our house for some grub and we still have a keg left over from the anniversary so Peter and Chris gave it a little test to drink some down.

Young Michael is a fantastic little gentleman, even when he was splashing water at me and blaming Leaseman but I got him back when he wasn't looking.

Oh Chris was looking through our anniversary memory book, funny how men don't get the sentimental portions, he kept saying where's the dead critters and fish part lol.

Day 2 today, waiting to be picked up at 5:30ish (good grief) guess that's what I get for being the stowaway on the boat.

Loaded with her cameras and waiting to go.

doubled
08-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Good luck guys, looking forward to some good pics. We booked the same guide again from STS (Tom) for another trip in a couple weeks so get ready for the "Interior Boys" to come to a neighbourhood near you.

srupp
08-05-2010, 07:54 AM
good luck all..go get Walter...

Steven

newhunterette
08-06-2010, 10:47 AM
another absolutely beautiful day out on the water, was so great to spend the day with fantastic friends such as Chris and Michael and Mike and Nick - I had a ball even considering I was the only female on the boat. We had great news of a sockeye opening as well as trying for the big dinos who were jumping and flipping us off every time we would almost hook into one. The smaller sturgeons were a little more co-operative and watching the expression on young Michael's face as he reeled his little heart out to bring in a 4 footer.

I don't want to give too many details away of the two days as this will be Willyqbc's tale to tell, but I will say Chris is one hilarious guy and he took to razzing me very easily as did Michael (I am gonna still get you back for all the water you splashed on me).

Oldtimer (Mike or Poppa Mike) you and your lovely wife should be very proud as you have an incredibly wonderful son and grandson and I am honoured to call them friends for as much as my family welcomed them, we all felt a real part of the kinship we shared with them over the two days.

Also thank you Mike (Leaseman) for allowing me to be a stowaway on your boat when Peter had to go back to work (poor baby) lol. oh Nick I luv you too hehehehehehe.

Chris let me know when you want the pics posted and I'll burn the videos and pics for you and bring it up when Braydon see you on or around the 22nd of Aug.

Looking forward to meeting Samantha and Alex.

hugs

newhunterette
08-06-2010, 02:44 PM
can y'all believe we had 4 camera's on board that video and not one of us got Leaseman's ballet dance out of the boat into the river captured - apparently he invented a new way to be neutered

y'all must ask him to share his tale of slow motion nut cracker:twisted::twisted:

willyqbc
08-06-2010, 04:33 PM
I want to say a huge thank you to Leaseman and leaseman jr. for taking the time to take my son and I out for our first crack at sturgeon fishing! I would also like to say thanks to newhunterette for her hospitality and a wonderful meal!!!
I think leaseman was a touch dissapointed that the fishing was a little slow, but the company was so good you didn't really notice, and the hours on the water flew by!! We did manage to get Michael 3 fish and 2 for me (I'm sure Alison will post up some pics!). It was really cool to get a taste of the kind of power these fish can generate....can't wait until I get a chance to hook into a big one!!
It was a great trip all around and we had a blast with some great new friends!!

Thanks again for everything guys!!
Chris and Michael

oldtimer
08-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Can't believe this trip really happened !! NO PICS !!!! c'mon guys. I wanna see my grandson with that 4 footer. Patiently waiting. Mike

newhunterette
08-07-2010, 10:57 AM
okay pics are a coming

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC04749.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0128.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0132.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0133.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0136.jpg

newhunterette
08-07-2010, 11:00 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC04765.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0144.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0154.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0173.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0182.jpg

newhunterette
08-07-2010, 11:02 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0152.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0159.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0163.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0164.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0169.jpg

newhunterette
08-07-2010, 11:05 AM
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0193.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0195.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0197.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0200.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2010%20Chris%20and%20Michael%20Wright/DSC_0202.jpg

srupp
08-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Great photos..as usual Alli...having been there I know just how much fun was had by all....and some sturgeon to top it all....

Congrads Chris....looks like a huge success...Well done Mike...your a hell of a fine gentleman...and Im sure Nick helped out tapping the lines for luck..:wink:

cheers

Steven

oldtimer
08-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks Ali. glad someone is doing there job.:)

bsa30-06
08-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Looks like you guys had an excellent trip.

Leaseman
08-09-2010, 08:29 AM
The people were great.....:mrgreen:

The fishing was too slow......:(

The weather was too damn hot.....:neutral:

But it was a great time! It was nice to put a couple of faces to names! Really enjoyed the company, but was slightly embarrassed about the lack of fish (wasn't from the lack of trying!).......

The "incident" that Alison talks about came when young Michael wasn't impressed with the lack of fish..... when I had my back turned to him, well lets just say that he stumbled into me, forcing my to exit the boat not so "gracefully".......:wink:..... luckily we were in 18" of water......

As promised Chris, we will do a spring fish when our spring arrives in March!

srupp
08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
hmmmm you went dumpster diving for dinos ?? again????? Mike Mike Mike how many times we gotta explain ..use the rods and the reels..you are NOT a grizzly bear...although Alli once did call you a Teddy bear...:mrgreen:..

All you can do is go and wet the lines, lose the anchors, if the fish dont bite...its not your fault..its the CAPTAINS..so who WAS the captain that day???

Exellent day on the water..I wondered what the ^&#%#^#& you were all doing standing in the water now I know...at least..part of the story..

cheers Bro

Steven:-D

willyqbc
08-18-2010, 08:10 AM
but was slightly embarrassed about the lack of fish (wasn't from the lack of trying!).......

No need to be embarrassed about the lack of fish...thats just fishing!:-D

If you wanna be embarrassed about something, i would go with the slow motion, nut squishing, upside down exit from the boat you made!!!

Chris

Leaseman
01-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Well another year of dino fishing just around the corner.....:mrgreen:

Seems my "dance card" is filling fast this year as the last two falls were a write off due to family matters so I didn't get out very much!

Sure was nice to look at the posts from last year.....

Now we have another newbie, sturgeon virgin maybe to take out sometime this year!

Huntersam was the youth winner in the HBC contest and he (and Dad?) will hopefully come down for some fun......

Wonder what second prize was, two days with me??......(beat you to it Steve....:mrgreen:)

newhunterette
01-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Well another year of dino fishing just around the corner.....:mrgreen:

Seems my "dance card" is filling fast this year as the last two falls were a write off due to family matters so I didn't get out very much!

Sure was nice to look at the posts from last year.....

Now we have another newbie, sturgeon virgin maybe to take out sometime this year!

Huntersam was the youth winner in the HBC contest and he (and Dad?) will hopefully come down for some fun......

Wonder what second prize was, two days with me??......(beat you to it Steve....:mrgreen:)

is the deckhand positions still available :)

Leaseman
01-14-2011, 01:24 PM
is the deckhand positions still available :)

Always room for you sweetie.......:mrgreen:

willyqbc
01-17-2011, 01:02 PM
with your dance card filling up mike, don't forget to book some time this spring for some bear hunting up my way!! We'll get that kid of yours a bear, probably get one for your deckhand as well....might even be time for you!!:mrgreen:

Chris

srupp
01-17-2011, 02:59 PM
hmmm so much for me getting out..HEY maybe PETER and ALi are going out...???

Steven

Leaseman
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
hmmm so much for me getting out..HEY maybe PETER and ALi are going out...???

Steven

Since you are my older brother..... there is always room on my boat for you...... you just need to say when and where and we will go!

Leaseman
01-17-2011, 03:44 PM
with your dance card filling up mike, don't forget to book some time this spring for some bear hunting up my way!! We'll get that kid of yours a bear, probably get one for your deckhand as well....might even be time for you!!:mrgreen:

Chris

Appreciate it Chris and see if you and Michael can get down this way again..... still need to get you a couple of the big boys!! Should be a fine year with the pinks coming and the government rumblings of another big sockeye run!!!

We need to keep in touch!!!

Mike