PDA

View Full Version : 4 up 2 down

Jehiah
07-27-2010, 01:15 AM
Went to the range the other day with four newly fletched arrows by yours truly with the intention of fine tuning my new QAD ultrarest and sight.

I take a few shots then bwwwaaaaaaammp. My fletch made contact with the rest. darn it.
Few more shots then bwwwwaaaaammmp again. frick.
few more shots then recover a fletch on the end of my arrow tip. one down.
two shots later, D loop snaps mid pull back and arrow launches over the targets **WHACK** into mossy rock. spine intact, target tip bent, fletch dislodged.

That ended my day. Coulda been a lot worse. I know, but geez. I shot less than 20 times!

Jehiah
07-27-2010, 01:15 AM
need more arrows fletched....yup.

Bow Walker
07-27-2010, 09:34 AM
LOL. Been there, done that. Happens waay too often.

Are you shooting with the cock-vane up? Have you adjusted the fall away to be in the first 6 - 8 inches of arrow travel?

Have you got the rest set up correctly? http://www.qadinc.com/t-tech-support.aspx

hardnocks
07-31-2010, 07:20 AM
what bow are you shooting . If its a speedy type bow the quad rests just don`t fall fast enough . And ya shoot with the cock vane up.

Bowzone_Mikey
07-31-2010, 09:12 AM
LOL had that happen to me yesterday ... sort of ... I went and got some Fresh Axis STs ... got home , Cut, glued and fletched them up... weighed them ... installed 6 broadheads and 6 FPs ... took 2 BH arrows outside and to see how they flew ... I know better than to aim at same spot, but did anyway.... Resighted my bow with FPs (these are a bit heavier so POI changes) ..test flew another BH to check POI compared to FP at distance .. all is good

"Load Development" net loss ...1 complete arrow ...managed to save the the BH off the busted arrow tho ....

at least you can just fletch up your arrows again ....
I have never been a fan of the QAD fallaways ..because they are slow ... espscially on a short brace height bow, I had one on my SuperTec for about a day.