PDA

View Full Version : hunting partners?

4570hunter
07-25-2010, 10:20 PM
I lost my good friend and hunting buddy three years back to prostate cancer and I've been hunting solo ever since. It's hard to find a new partner. Last year my solo trip was good one with a nice Elk for the freezer. But I am getting older
and I miss the campfire stories and camaraderie. I'm thinking of booking a hunt with an outfitter or finding a new partner. I mostly hunt late in the season, cold doesn't bother as much as bugs. I bow-hunt and gun-hunt.
I drew no tags this year.

any recommendations on guided hunts or if you know of anyone let me know

Thanks in advance

PS. If you haven't been checked lately go get it done dying the way he did
is no way to go.

bad arrow
07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
I lost my hunting buddy too so I know how you feel, since then I notice alot of hunters have lost a buddy or are in the process of losing a buddy, comes with years of hunting....new relationships can be made however and more good times can be had, its hard to find a good hunting partner that has the same expectations as you.

Swamp Rat
07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Also interested in planning a trip with 1 other or others.

-Interested in a rifle Elk hunt - 6pt
-Have done a few trips up the Muskwa/Tuchodi - (1 trip with my own boat and did manage to make it back without having to call in a helicopter - okay 1 pull off a gravel bar and we were good to go :-D)
-Willing to hike and pack or boat
-Can get away for up to 9/10 days - early to mid September
-would like to be able to run/shoot faster than you just in case we get chased by Grizz :)

Open to suggestions