PDA

View Full Version : What mu is buick creek located in.

elkoholic523
07-25-2010, 05:24 PM
And does anyone know what the moose hunting is like near buick creek.A friend of mine owns 15 quarters of land bordering crown land up there might try hunting last week of september with rifle then switch to bow for the first week of october.Any info would help.

elkdom
07-25-2010, 05:50 PM
your 'friend" that owns 15 quarter sections of land, must know what management UNIT his land is located in ??:?

I bet if you asked him, he could tell you :confused:

elkdom
07-25-2010, 06:02 PM
how about the Southern tip of reg 7-45, bordering reg 7-33

turn right off the Alaska hwy before you get to Wonowon:wink:

Bear Chaser
07-25-2010, 07:02 PM
how about the Southern tip of reg 7-45, bordering reg 7-33

turn right off the Alaska hwy before you get to Wonowon:wink:

LOL. Mile 73 is over 25 miles before Wonowon.
"Buick Creek" encompassess a fairly large area some of which is easier to access by going straight north of Fort St. John through Montney.
I'd say the moose hunting is better than fair. Look for Canola fields and hunt them early & last light. It would be best to get directions straight from your friend & be sure you aren't trespassing on any other land while yuou are there.

elkdom
07-25-2010, 09:06 PM
LOL. Mile 73 is over 25 miles before Wonowon.
"Buick Creek" encompassess a fairly large area some of which is easier to access by going straight north of Fort St. John through Montney.
I'd say the moose hunting is better than fair. Look for Canola fields and hunt them early & last light. It would be best to get directions straight from your friend & be sure you aren't trespassing on any other land while yuou are there.

I said turn right before you get to Wonowon,:? and yes, Buick creek is north of ft St john, so is Wonowon, and you can find Buick Creek on the map in the southern part of reg 7-45 close to reg 7-33 and yes the land owners there are hard pressed by out of town hunters, they all have the CO's ph# on their telephone speed dial!!:mrgreen:

bridger
07-25-2010, 09:08 PM
fair for moose great for deer.

srupp
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
hmmm first I ever heard of moose in Canola fields..learned something new again today...

steven

daycort
07-27-2010, 04:11 PM
hmmm first I ever heard of moose in Canola fields..learned something new again today...

you better beleive it!!! Deer, elk and moose flock to canola during flower and just after before going ripe. And they come back after it is swathed and dried out.

luckynuts
07-27-2010, 09:47 PM
Nothing funnier than seeing a "herd" of moose down on front knees munching on the greens. As for Buick curious to know whos farm. As Bridger said good for deer not many moose around, though you do see the odd bull. Though a few years ago was great for deer until the heavy snows. Really took care of the mulies in a big way. Either way you should do all right especially if he owns 15 quarters:confused: lots of ground to cover, hunt the ones near the river.

W.

elkdom
07-27-2010, 10:06 PM

steven

they flock to them Canola fields,,,

like HIPPIES to a "SMOKE_IN" :wink:

Bear Chaser
07-27-2010, 10:43 PM

steven

The last three moose I've gotten were young bulls feeding in Canola. Very tasty although the hunting partner swears that a huge bull well before the rut is better. Lazier & less prone to quick movement so they aren't as muscled as the younger bulls I guess.

bear buster
07-27-2010, 10:49 PM
The last three moose I've gotten were young bulls feeding in Canola. Very tasty although the hunting partner swears that a huge bull well before the rut is better. Lazier & less prone to quick movement so they aren't as muscled as the younger bulls I guess.
I agree very good meat, we have taken several bulls by canolla fields, we have a spot that has a log block off the one feild about 300 yard ravine seperates the 2...........pretty choice.

elkoholic523
07-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Hey thanks for the info we might head up there this weekend to scout it.Sounds like im better off hunting whitetails up there not many legal moose.

elkdom
07-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey thanks for the info we might head up there this weekend to scout it.Sounds like im better off hunting whitetails up there not many legal moose.

ALL BULL MOOSE are "LEGAL" the first 2 weeks of moose season in most MU of 7-B!

no antler restrictions till the 1st of Sept!:wink: