PDA

View Full Version : LEH Dreaming

love the woods
04-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Well guys its been 5 long years with no LEH to show for it.Time to come up with a new strategy.Maybe there is a better way to send cards in or to buy from different stores or SOMETHING to try and get an leh.For you guys who are always getting them, good on ya ,i just want one so bad.Anyone else have my luck.

Foxer
04-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Are you picking low-odds areas?

For moose - going in with a group of 3 or 4 gives you much higher chances.

sealevel
04-15-2006, 06:19 PM
don`t give up seems like it runs in cycles one year you will get more then you can handle

04-15-2006, 06:25 PM
Think it has something to do with living on the coast!:twisted: Then again, the locals l talk to in the Prince George area swear up and down that Victoria will not issue an LEH for moose to any one who lives north or Willies Puddle because it forces successfull applicants to spend money for their hunting trips:shock:
Met an islander we camped beside one year on a moose hunt, who told me the way to get picked EVERY year was to hand deliver your applications right to the office. (actually a buddy l know who lives down that way did hand deliver his applications one year and DID get a draw:eek: ) And finally there were the guys l met in McBride who between the 6 of them had 4 tags for cows and bulls........and 2 of them were one their second successful year in a row with the enhanced odds. The equality of it all frightens me!!
Really, its all in the way you fill out your harvest questionnaire, additional funny notes on the back with obscene pics of your buddies past out guarantee you will be a shoe in next year! No swearing on harvest questionnaires either, even if it is the third request...if you do, that will insure they make little paper airplanes out of your next years leh's!
This is part of the wisdom l have gathered about the LEH system over the years.........:-D

Steeleco
04-15-2006, 06:30 PM
It's like the 6-49, I never win that either but it won't stop my buying tickets!!!
They both suck, but I'm a bigger sucker!!!

love the woods
04-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I hear that steelco.You want to know how bad my luck is.Last year we went throgh the regs and circled the lowest odds for moose , mulies and whitetails and entered.i missed all three with the lowest odds being 1.2-1.missed them all

eric
04-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Well guys, my youngest boy just passed his core so that makes 4 chances for buffalo.MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR, HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!!!!.
You would think, that with all the Bitchen that goes on. The head stuck up ASS Govn't, would change thinks BUT NOOO
Good luck everyone
Eric

J_T
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm a firm believer that LEH will be the death of hunting.

Part of the reason (only one part) resident hunter numbers continue to drop off is that instead of having opportunities to hunt, we're dreaming of opportunities to hunt. Dream too long, you stop doing.

JT

love the woods
04-15-2006, 07:36 PM
i still go every year for all species especially moose but sometimes it would be nice not to have to drive so far for other places we like.My main concern is moose as far as deer go you can shoot one anywhere

GoatGuy
04-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Well guys, my youngest boy just passed his core so that makes 4 chances for buffalo.MAYBE THIS WILL BE THE YEAR, HASN'T HAPPENED YET!!!!!!.
You would think, that with all the Bitchen that goes on. The head stuck up ASS Govn't, would change thinks BUT NOOO
Good luck everyone
Eric

With 4 people putting in you should get 1 draw in the next 25 years - course that isn't a guarantee. :wink:

In general if you're consitently putting in for low odds areas and picking strategically you'll get drawn. It's that simple. Particularly if you're watching changes in quota (subtle hint)

I've heard lots of complaining around the Okanagan from guys who haven't been drawn for moose and they've been putting in for 10 or 12 years. Guess what? At 20:1 you shouldn't get drawn.

3kills
04-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Good luck everyone
Eric

make sure u put in him in for any newbie draws that they have...

Foxer
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Part of the reason (only one part) resident hunter numbers continue to drop off is that instead of having opportunities to hunt, we're dreaming of opportunities to hunt. Dream too long, you stop doing.

Lots of tasty critters to hunt that aren't LEH tho.

And there's still a few open seasons about - you just have to want to sink the time in. 'Course, with gas going the way it is it'll be a little harder to justify in a season or two.

talver
04-16-2006, 05:43 AM
here my 2 cents its dumb luck I did notice that my groups tend to draw out every 3 to 4 years its a crazy money making scheme

CanuckShooter
04-16-2006, 07:33 AM

And there's still a few open seasons about - you just have to want to sink the time in. 'Course, with gas going the way it is it'll be a little harder to justify in a season or two.

HERE IS THE TRUE SECRET TO GETTING A TAG!!!

Do not apply for LEH, do not buy gas, just take all the money you spend on that stuff and invest in a guided hunt....they sure don't go a year without tags!!

Seth
04-16-2006, 12:17 PM
I agree that there is some sort of method or sequence to the way they have to be submitted.

Last year my brother and my buddy took there core course and passed. They then qualified for some special LEH application areas such as whitetail does in Region 8. The odds from the previous year were 1.2-1. So they both entered for that and both came up with nothing. How the hell does that work? Were they the only two new hunters in B.C. to not get drawn. It must have to do with hunter survey cards and they way you submit hte cards.

1/2 slam
04-16-2006, 08:05 PM
I don't want to talk about LEH. 1 tag in 24 years:mad: ....I keep trying though.

J_T
04-16-2006, 08:18 PM

And there's still a few open seasons about - you just have to want to sink the time in. 'Course, with gas going the way it is it'll be a little harder to justify in a season or two. And, I'm not saying that isn't the case. However, if hunters are putting in for LEH, there are hunts, they want to do, but they aren't winning the lottery to their dream.

JT

bwhnter
04-18-2006, 12:03 PM
The same goes for buffalo I have 12 people in my family that have put in for buffalo every year since they started. None of use have ever been drawn and yet I know one fellow that has been drawn 4 times. I put in for every thing and the last tag I got was a cow elk in the Peace region and that was 4 years ago. I also know another fellow that gets drawn for dall sheep every year.

Rob
04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Why not a similar system like Alberta? Your pretty much guaranteed a draw every 4 yrs. Ive spoke to too many people in BC that havent had a draw in 15yrs or more.

Clint_S
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
At least 15 years on elk for me and still no draw. Some preference system. I'm real slow but am starting to have a glimmer of an idea as to why some people poach. BC is so far behind other provinces in archery seasons and LEH allocations it's bloody ridiculous.

Rainwater
04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Clint S. are trying to start a fire here mentioning BOW ONLY seasons? Things started to look a little boring when guys weren't beatin up bow hunters.