PDA

View Full Version : whats a a good insole for my boots

leadpillproductions
07-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I just ordered thorlo hiking socks , what would be a good insole for my asolo boots ?

Poguebilt
07-23-2010, 07:07 PM
SOLE or Superfeet

MBOGO
07-23-2010, 08:41 PM
Been using Superfeet for a few years, they work great for me.

Tarp Man
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I really like the Sole ones, as they conform to your feet. There are two thicknesses to fit different volumes of boot/feet. You heat them up and then stand on them in your boots. Voila! Custom insoles. The superfeet ones provide lots of arch support but not as much volume or padding.

BCrams
07-24-2010, 06:35 AM
If you have Thorlo socks (thick) .... and you go with custom insoles (which are often thicker) ... you may get an improper fit with the boots.

That said, I put superfeet in my boots but I don't use thick socks.

Hunt'n Guide
07-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I've had the orange superfeet in my sheep hunting boots for a couple of years. No complaints. Never tried the Sole insloes though.

bigwhiteys
07-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Well... After spending a couple hundred bucks on insoles over the years there are only two I would recommend.

Work Wear World - Has a set of GREEN gel-type inserts, they are $20 and work great.

Lathrop & Sons - Has their own proprietary footbed that they have developed for hunting. It's about $60 I think, but is a very comfortable insert.

Superfeet I have tried and they were way too hard, not enough cushioning and the SOLE (cook in oven?) sucked too... They were a waste of like $40+.

Carl

BromBones
07-24-2010, 07:59 AM
I haven't found insoles that last very long - me being ~240 lbs + carting a 60 lb pack tends to flatten out insoles pretty quick.

I think the Dr Scholls Sport/Gel are the most comfortable I've used. At $25 a pop, it's no big deal to swap 'em out a few times a year.