PDA

View Full Version : Saunders meats closed!!

Steeleco
04-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I was just out at DiMassimo's meats this morning and Mike tells me that Saunders is closed, and there's an auction of the stuff coming up soon.

So for those of you that have used Saunders in the past here's your heads up for a new butcher!!!

I suggest Mike, he's going to be one busy man come fall :shock::shock:

bcboy
04-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up, just found a dynamite butcher up here but man i would not have expected this.

actually i have more problems just finding cooler space:-|

Foxer
04-15-2006, 05:19 PM
DiMassimo's is awesome, no two ways. They handle the meat better than saunders anyway - all bone dust was scraped off, the wrapping was better, etc.

But geez i wish he'd move closer to vancouver. :)

Steeleco
04-15-2006, 06:38 PM
But geez i wish he'd move closer to vancouver. :)

He's in just the right place!!, My worry is his ability to cope, we've seen this twice before. Once when Aldergrove closed, all the little guys were so busy their reps suffered. Then a when the reducing company refused to take game waste a few good cutters bailed. This won't be quite as drastic but we're loosing more and more cutters all the time. 3kills had better move down to the coast, or else!!!!

Foxer
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah - fewer and fewer out there. Always a concern.

Of course - this guy also has a regular meat business, so this is just 'supplimentary' income to him. Damn tasty vitals he sells anyway, worth dropping in for that if you're in the area.

How the heck is aldergrove the 'right place' tho :)

Steeleco
04-15-2006, 10:53 PM
How the heck is aldergrove the 'right place' tho :)

Walnut Grove would be better but it's 20 min to good meat and cheap gas :wink::wink:

Fred
04-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Walnut Grove would be better but it's 20 min to good meat and cheap gas :wink::wink:
Walnut Grove? I though only nuts hung out there! :biggrin:
As to Saunders, they get no sympathy from me after ripping me off on my Buffalo in 04. :mad: Fred

Steeleco
04-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I though only nuts hung out there! images/smilies/biggrin.gif
I resemble that remark. :?

Leaseman
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Mike gets my vote....nice guy, does a good job and is a mile from my house!!!

Fred
04-17-2006, 10:35 PM
I swung by Saunders this afternon for a quick look see. There was no indication of when the inventory might go up for sale or who might be handling the sale.
Yo Mike, any word on the auction of their stuff? Fred