PDA

View Full Version : trail cam bummer

buckwild76
07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
So i was very exited to go check my camera and see if i had any good pics today. I hiked for what seemed like forever carrying that 50lb. bag of oats to freshen up the baitpile, open up my camera and see that there are 56 photos.Cool!! What happened next REALLY made me angry. My stupid camera conked out, I could not turn it on for the life of me. The power button did nothing, and yes there were brand new batteries in it, i fought off about 10,000 skeeters and screwed with that thing for almost two hours and could'nt get her going. Totally bummed out I had no choice but to pull my camera out of there and take it home, which sucks cuz the spot is almost two hours from home and i don't always get a chance to rip out there. Anybody else have any problems with bushnell trailsentry cams?
P.S. I have no idea how to put photos up so i will TRY to get some on here.

proguide66
07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
ya,they suck ass real bad..have 3 , one has worked so far.......the new little bushnel cams work great..throwing my sentries to a brick wall...:evil:
have the cudde back cams to , work great..
I'm going to place some cams on the sheep hills all fall , should be cool..might be the first guy to get trail cam shots of stone rams!!!

whitetailsheds
07-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm going to place some cams on the sheep hills all fall , should be cool..might be the first guy to get trail cam shots of stone rams!!!

Have heard researcher's doing the same with bighorn's in Alberta....hell of an idea....

Brian011
07-22-2010, 09:24 PM
bring in a digital point and shoot camera that uses the same memory card and just look at the pics on your regular camera so you dont have to depend on the trail camera viewer.

Jordo
07-22-2010, 09:33 PM
X2 what Brian said. I have a Bushnell, but the screen is too small to see whats been going by, so I started bringing my digital camera up. Works Great.

buckwild76
07-22-2010, 10:02 PM
i actually do have a digital point and shoot with the same memory card so i did see the pics, got a bunch of cow elk, a cow moose and some does on there but i almost had a heart attack getting that bag of oats in there and i KNOW i would get a lot more pics but the stupid camera died. I ordered it from cabelas last year and the original one they sent me had to be returned because it would'nt accept my password, so this one is actually the second one and now it bunked out on me too. Oh well i guess you get what you pay for.

rand
07-22-2010, 10:09 PM
Have you format the card for the camera.Some cams will not work unless the cards formated to the cam

mark
07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
i actually do have a digital point and shoot with the same memory card so i did see the pics, got a bunch of cow elk, a cow moose and some does on there but i almost had a heart attack getting that bag of oats in there and i KNOW i would get a lot more pics but the stupid camera died. I ordered it from cabelas last year and the original one they sent me had to be returned because it would'nt accept my password, so this one is actually the second one and now it bunked out on me too. Oh well i guess you get what you pay for.

Ive had 3 of these also, just 1 is still working! Had the same problem...wouldnt accept the password...no way to reboot it!
Good thing wallmart has a no hassle return policy! :-D

bighornbob
07-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Have heard researcher's doing the same with bighorn's in Alberta....hell of an idea....

I had my camera set up at Spences Bridge from Sept. 10 to Oct 16. Over 300 pics.

BHB

proguide66
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
I had my camera set up at Spences Bridge from Sept. 10 to Oct 16. Over 300 pics.

BHB
Did you do it on a lick?? er a good trail??
We have some awesome salt lick up on a couple hills..as well we made a huge lick down in a burn for antlers. Just hope a grizz doesnt kill my cams up on the sheep hill...will only have rocks on the ground to have it set.

moose2
07-23-2010, 03:53 PM
A guy at work says his son in law takes a digital picture frame with him to get a good look using a bigger screen. He says it works well.
Mike

ianwuzhere
07-23-2010, 05:23 PM
i had the same thing happen to me-blank-same camera- mine was the model that was just brownish in color. was about a month old-sent it back to bushnell- took about 2months to get it back and they sent me a brand new upgraded model-this one is camo in color- came with an sd card too-other one didnt-got it from crappy tire- this one has worked great all summer- great pix- battery life isnt the best- but overall is great...

buckwild76
07-23-2010, 10:19 PM
i had the same thing happen to me-blank-same camera- mine was the model that was just brownish in color. was about a month old-sent it back to bushnell- took about 2months to get it back and they sent me a brand new upgraded model-this one is camo in color- came with an sd card too-other one didnt-got it from crappy tire- this one has worked great all summer- great pix- battery life isnt the best- but overall is great...

The camo coloured camera is the same one i have from cabelas and i guess i just have s****y luck with the dam things, i have heard nothing but good comments on the cudde back cams so maybe if i got some extra loot i will look into one of those.

quadrakid
07-23-2010, 10:33 PM
My bushnell crapped out after very little use,took,er back to crappy tire.

ufishifish2
07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Glad to hear its not only me!
I have been using my Bushnell Trail cam for about 8 months now. It is turned "off" almost every time I head up to check on it. It has only worked for one session until the card filled up, and all the other dozen or so times it must turn off as soon as I leave......... on the positive side, the battery life is unreal!

buckwild76
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM
i see a real common theme here in regards to the bushnell cameras and its not good.

Archer
07-24-2010, 07:46 AM
I have a Bushnell Trophy Cam, and the last couple of times that I checked it, my digital camera said there were no images. I brought the cam home, determined to figure out what was wrong.

Well, when I plugged the cam into my computer, I realized the problem. I had accidentally changed the format so that pics wouldn't show on my digital, but I had 96 pics on the card! It was like christmas, checking the pics one by one. I ended up with some pretty sweet pics, nearly all whitetail bucks, including a couple dandies.

I raced back out yesterday and got the cam set up, not wanting to miss any potential pics. I gotta say, i'm quite impressed with this cam.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/Islandhunter83/IM000051.jpg?t=1279982714