PDA

View Full Version : dog supplies

fuzzy
07-20-2010, 08:47 PM
So where do you guys get your supplies from? i just got my new pup and i need to purchase hair clippers, nail trimmers, blood stopper, mat rake and all the other goodies. i live in pitt meadows and cant stand pet cetera and bosleys and other places seem a little pricey.

thanks

fuzzy

Sasquatch
07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I get most of my dog hunting gear from "gun dog supply". They're on the other side of the line, but the prices are good, the service has been great and they ship immediately.

Had one instance where they shipped the wrong item and they made it right without questions or delay.

Kasomor
07-20-2010, 10:00 PM
So where do you guys get your supplies from? i just got my new pup and i need to purchase hair clippers, nail trimmers, blood stopper, mat rake and all the other goodies. i live in pitt meadows and cant stand pet cetera and bosleys and other places seem a little pricey.

thanks

fuzzy

What breed of dog do you have?

Tysol and there is a Pet Food N More in your part of town. Good selection. Walmart also has all the things you've listed.

Just depends on the quality and type of product that you want.

You can get nail clippers for under $6. Mine cost about $25.

fuzzy
07-21-2010, 09:23 PM
i just got a Bouvier des Flandres, this little guy being "Joyalens-Handsomely Tenacious"(just had to put the dog snob name in there):-D aka grizzly.

He is so far axactly what i have been wanting and i hope he will be able to blood track when the time comes, but he is really just a family pet.

fuzzy

thanks for the input

Sasquatch
07-21-2010, 09:31 PM
I had a bouvier years ago, she was an amazing dog...even if she was on the stubborn side.

I have no doubt he will track for you.

Kasomor
07-21-2010, 09:47 PM
i just got a Bouvier des Flandres, this little guy being "Joyalens-Handsomely Tenacious"(just had to put the dog snob name in there):-D aka grizzly.

He is so far axactly what i have been wanting and i hope he will be able to blood track when the time comes, but he is really just a family pet.

fuzzy

thanks for the input

Well since your going to be a dog snob :mrgreen: (love that name by the way) You'll want to get the best quality clippers that you can afford. Take out a loan if need be. Not that I use clippers on my tollers but I hear that all clippers are not created equal. If your planning on keeping your guy in a working cut you'll likely be clipping him every 6 weeks or so.

Check out the dog shows for the best ones.

Is your breeder going to give you "how to groom your Bouv" lessons?

fuzzy
07-22-2010, 05:38 PM
For anything like this i like to buy quality, i want the clippers and other things to last for my dogs lifetime and hopefully my next dogs as well, i hate buying crap. As far as grooming lessons, yes when Grizz is 4 months old the breeder is having us back to teach me how to groom him. I am super happy for the breeder absolutley grilled us even before putting us on the pup list and when we went to pick up we spent the night at there place on Pender Island to get a feel for which pup would suit us best. I dont think we could have asked for a better dog buying experience.

Fuzzy

Kasomor
07-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Awesome :-D

You'll be buying on-line (usually the best price) or at a show. Most pet store items are not up to snuff.

Ask your breeder specifically what brand and model of clipper, blade size, mat rakes and/or blades, combs, etc... that she uses. That information will save you money in the long run.

There is a 4 day dog show last weekend in October at Tradex in Abbots ford. It's the largest dog show in Canada. Lots of vendors selling what your looking for.

Got pictures of your new pup?

srupp
07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
We bought through ORVIS USA..high end stuff that works exellent..

Steven:mrgreen:

Rymar
07-26-2010, 04:59 PM
i buy my dog food,gear, at the feed store....theres on just off 232nd home town feed and one just of 264th called country feeds both in langley...not the cheapest but quality none the less

fuzzy
07-26-2010, 07:07 PM
thanks for the replies guys, how do i post pics, so i can share what my mutt looks like:mrgreen:

fuzzy