PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Mountaintop
07-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Hello to the forum.

I’ve been peering through the windows from the outside of the forum for a while and finally decided to come in.

I’ve done a lot of camping and backpacking in my younger years as well as some target shooting and target archery but have been away from it for maybe 20 years. I’ve never done any hunting. Some years ago a business friend of mine and a competitive distance archer passed away. His wife knowing I had done some archery in the past gave me one of his Hoyt compound bows, still new in the box. Due to a previous arm injury I could never draw the thing back so it sat in the box until recently. Last year a bow hunter I know gave my wife and me some venison and this year another archer friend urged me to get back into the sport. To make a long story short, I still can’t use the Hoyt and it has never been fired, but I am now the proud father of a new Excalibur crossbow with instructions from my wife to learn how to hunt. I suppose I have wanted to do this for some time and have really got interested. I have already passed my PAL, completed my CORE a few weeks ago and joined our local rod and gun club. I want to also take the IBEP course sometime soon and the club says they will teach it if they can get enough student interest. As I get into it I have so many questions and hope you all can help out a middle aged newbie get started and do things right.

Thinking about my obligatory joke I realized that all the jokes I know I either learned in high school or are just plain bad. Nevertheless, here goes.

At the funeral of an 85 year old man tears ran down the face of his 29 year old wife as she sobbed in her seat. When the preacher was finished and the time came for her to speak to the family and friends in attendance she rose slowly and approached the podium. He was such a kind a gentle man, she said, and a good provider. He was generous and gave his time and money to charity and community projects. He cherished the time he spent with children and dogs. And, she stammered, he was a wonderful lover. Every Sunday morning he would make love to me in time with the church bells. Her voice trailed off as she remembered the good times they had had together. And, she continued, he would still be alive today if the fire alarm had not gone off in the building across the street.

300wsm
07-20-2010, 05:20 PM
wow, that joke was awful. hehe

anyway welcome to the forum and it really is good seeing new people in the sport. good luck this year.

300wsm

Bow Walker
07-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Welcome Mountaintop, glad you decided to come in and stay a while.

That joke is a real stinker....but I'm still laughing!

Surrey Boy
07-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Gross joke! Glad to have you, please comment on the "Lurkers" thread under open chat.:-D