PDA

View Full Version : Okanagan Whitetail buck

coach
07-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I saw this guy while out for a horseback ride with my daughter last week. Any guesses on what tore the hair off his back? I'm thinking maybe he ducked under a fence and got caught on barbed wire - but that's only a guess. He looked perfectly healthy and it wasn't until I looked at the picture that I noticed the injury. Regardless, there's some pretty good brow tines on this guy and he has potential to grow into a decent buck.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/IMG_5085.jpg

BiG Boar
07-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow, I didnt know thier tails got so long! Hopefully 4x4?

CanuckShooter
07-19-2010, 01:06 PM
hair loss could be from ticks.......

Steeleco
07-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Damn thing's got a "pony tail" weird, needs to be culled. Where is it?? LOL

bad arrow
07-19-2010, 01:11 PM
It could be the result of ducking under things and getting snagged alright, I have seen them looking like that before from gore marks from other bucks (old puncture wounds) anyways, he's a nice buck and wouldn't hesitate to take that guy.

pg83
07-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Nice looking buck. looks like a 4x3 or 4x4. Bonus points for the horse tail.

Fisher-Dude
07-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Nice buck! Could be he had a cat on his back and escaped with his life. If they attck from above, they try to ride up onto the deer's haunches to reach its neck.

One of the bucks Anytail got last fall had claw marks on its back. Second time unlucky for that buck! :wink:

Jelvis
07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
That's a smaller deer a two year old, good eating and a nice shaped rack kinda high but immature still like the buck appears to be.
When that buck is in the rut it will look amazing, polished bone and big neck, perfect shape.
Jellyvis .. great photo's Tanks a Million .. $$$ ... Check my buck on mainland now under Kamloops buck

GoatGuy
07-20-2010, 06:09 AM
That's a smaller deer a two year old, good eating and a nice shaped rack kinda high but immature still like the buck appears to be.
When that buck is in the rut it will look amazing, polished bone and big neck, perfect shape.
Jellyvis .. great photo's Tanks a Million .. $$$ ... Check my buck on mainland now under Kamloops buck

Try telling that buck he's immature and I'm sure he'll tell you it works just fine thanks.