PDA

View Full Version : What is it and how long has it been around?

pearljam
07-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Ive seen this on a bunch of outfitter sites in the last while?

Non Resident Hunter Preservation Fund charged to all clients is collected by Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. (http://www.goabc.com/)

ve7iuq
07-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Here is what I heard, I think it came from the BCWF, you could check with them.
It's a fee, I think it is $135 per non resident hunter, the Guides Association collects and it goes directly for lobbying funds. Lobbying the government of BC, for more privileges for the Guides and Outfitters Association. Lobbying usually means paying into campaign funds at election times.
We write letters to our members, in an attempt to get more game rights for resident hunters, as opposed to what the outfitters get.
They pour big money into their cause.

07-19-2010, 10:14 AM
The money collected is used by GOABC to lobby for protection and enhancement of non-resident hunting opportunities in BC.

They "do not" spend money attempting to get more hunting rights for resident hunters, in fact the opposite often occurrs. The objective is more benefit for non-resident hunters only.

I do not believe it would be legal for it to be donated to political parties during an election.

bridger
07-19-2010, 11:16 AM
the goabc collects about $750,000 annually from the non resident hunting preservation fee and as Andy says they use it to lobby government to enhance non resident hunting opportunities. It is a very effective concept as the money has been put to good use. presently the goabc has a tremendous amount of influence on hunting issues in our province more so imo than the bcwf.

pearljam
07-19-2010, 12:01 PM
So the resident preservation fund came after to go against them??? How have they been doing??

bridger
07-19-2010, 12:54 PM
unfortunately it seems to be stalled at the moment but is a great idea that needs to come to fruition to offset the influence generated by the non resident fund.