PDA

View Full Version : Scoutgaurd trail cams

srupp
07-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Does anyone here have , bought ,used thes SCOUTGUARD trail cams?? I was looking at the units since they are one of our sponsors..

If anyone has experience with these or thoughts??? please send me a PM

Thank you

SRUPP:-D

BimmerBob
07-16-2010, 02:44 PM
I have had one on order for over a year, their supply stream does not seem to be that fast. I read about them and to me it seems they have the best technical specs but still waiting for it to arrive so I can actually use it.

In their defense, I pre-ordered (paid for) a new model and by the time it was available the hunting season was over and a newer (better unit) was out and I accepted their upgrade offer. The new unit has not shipped as of yet but is supposed to any day now...

Ambush
07-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I have one. Takes good pics and video, seems to trigger fast. Quite small so it's easy to carry and hides well. Battery life is good.
I worry about the remote because it seems very fragile. The rocker switch on mine doesn't always work, so I have to press it a few times on occasion.
The SD card works in my Canon camera for viewing, but for some reason, not all the pics or videos show.
Here's mine in it's bear-proof box.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Cam_box_2.JPG

SavageShooter
07-18-2010, 06:49 PM
I have had one for 1.5 years, been ripped off a tree twice by bears and still works flawlessly.
Excellent photos, good video and excellent night shots.
Couldn't ask for anything else. Oh, and the little remote is the cat's meow.

SS

UWAY Outdoors Canada
07-19-2010, 10:02 AM
I have had one on order for over a year, their supply stream does not seem to be that fast. I read about them and to me it seems they have the best technical specs but still waiting for it to arrive so I can actually use it.

In their defense, I pre-ordered (paid for) a new model and by the time it was available the hunting season was over and a newer (better unit) was out and I accepted their upgrade offer. The new unit has not shipped as of yet but is supposed to any day now...

BimmerBob was right about last fall we did have a shortage of ScoutGuards. The supply chain is sorted out and all ScoutGuard camera models are available without any delays.

I believe the new cameras BimmerBob is referring to, is the Uway NightTrakker NT50. We have a shipment here today that will be tested with shipping to follow. Because it is a new cameras line, we want it to be as flawless as possible following its release. We expect this new camera to be top of the line with a price tag the average consumer can consider.

Here are a few day pictures from the NT50 that I captured outside of Lethbridge. The night IR pics illuminate out to 60+ feet (I'll try and get some deer pics this week in the night).

http://www.trailnsecuritycameras.ca/nt_pic3.jpg
http://www.trailnsecuritycameras.ca/nt_pic2.jpg
http://www.trailnsecuritycameras.ca/nt_pic6.jpg
http://www.trailnsecuritycameras.ca/nt_pic4.jpg

ianwuzhere
07-19-2010, 10:08 AM
i think those are the best quality trail cam pix ive ever seen, looks like it shoots out pretty far!!

ruger#1
07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Those are nice pics there Chase. Can you PM me a price of that camera. If they are not priced on your site already. Thanks Mark.

srupp
07-19-2010, 11:38 AM
hmmm not very good at all....cant see horns on one of those deer..lol

ya pretty good quality to these old eyes..

Streven

THANK YOU

Roughneck Country
08-05-2010, 02:42 PM
I have seen a few pics now from these cameras and I would say they are equal if not better than the moultrie I60. The next trail cam I get will be the UWAY night tracker with the black IR and IR extender. (This is a line in the Scoutguard/HCO brand) The pics I have seen with the extender look good out to 40 or 50 yards it seems. As for the price they are competetive. For an equivalent Moultrie or Cuddeback you are usually looking at more money.

Slinky Pickle
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I have seen a few pics now from these cameras and I would say they are equal if not better than the moultrie I60. The next trail cam I get will be the UWAY night tracker with the black IR and IR extender. (This is a line in the Scoutguard/HCO brand) The pics I have seen with the extender look good out to 40 or 50 yards it seems. As for the price they are competetive. For an equivalent Moultrie or Cuddeback you are usually looking at more money.

I agree, the images and specs look pretty impressive. Unfortunately the cameras don't seem to be available yet. When they mentioned that they would be available in March of this year I got pretty excited but since then they have been no more than a "Coming Soon" rumour. If they don't pop out on the shelf soon I think they will miss this season all together.

srupp
08-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I have seen lots of shows recently where they are using Reconyx??(spelling?) last 5 shows..not all hunting and they all were using the Reconyx brand...

Steven

urbanhermit
08-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I have 2 scoutgaurd 550's, the quality of pictures will blow you away. The size and shape allow you to blend them in very well too.

Slinky Pickle
08-24-2010, 01:17 PM
I believe the new cameras BimmerBob is referring to, is the Uway NightTrakker NT50. We have a shipment here today that will be tested with shipping to follow

ScoutGuard, are these any closer to being available?

UWAY Outdoors Canada
08-24-2010, 05:55 PM
ScoutGuard, are these any closer to being available?

We have only sent a few out at this point. The bulk shipments are arriving later this week and should be able to clear up most of the current backorder. The delay has been in the interest of the camera to ensure maximum quality. It took a little longer than we expeced to fine tune everything just right; I think you'll be happy with the final product.