PDA

View Full Version : area 5-02 C moose and deer

adder
07-15-2010, 02:32 PM
my brother and dad got moose tags for area 5-02 C so we are going up there from 0ct 20-30

can anyone tell me what the moose population is like there?

i would also like to know about whitetails in the area if anyone has any info about it, not secret spots or anything just what general direction i would have to go to find one

srupp
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
hmmm moose are in pockets...you should still hit the rut especially if it is warmer later on into the season..seek out cut blocks and willow swamps EARLY first hour and last hour of the day..and CALL...use moose in heat urine scents..it does help...during the day still hunt..and call

Whitetail... the power line North of WILDWOOD..and the powerline towards HORSEFLY...a few around TYEE lake..which has a decent moose population also

steven

natebavis
07-15-2010, 05:51 PM
You can see deer down knife creek road..just past 141 mile, I have taken a few bucks out of there, all 2 point or smaller though. Lots of does, have taken a few out of there with draws. do you have a doe draw? Also have seen moose, 5 to be exact 1 immy, 1 mature and cows.

Bigbear
07-15-2010, 05:57 PM
There is a pocket Of Whitey's and Mulies Out Black Creek way, Sucker Lake Rd.

adder
07-15-2010, 11:52 PM
thanks for the info guys this helps alot

nope no doe tag

You can see deer down knife creek road..just past 141 mile, I have taken a few bucks out of there, all 2 point or smaller though. Lots of does, have taken a few out of there with draws. do you have a doe draw? Also have seen moose, 5 to be exact 1 immy, 1 mature and cows.

pse&remington
10-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Just got back from there, read your REGS regarding moffat and spokin lake roads. We came home with two moose even with the warm weather last week. Seen alot of does in that area but yet to see any bucks. You may be hitting it at the right time. Polley Lake up near Quesnel Lake was good to us, but seen lots of tracks all over that area.
Good Luck!

ravensfoot
10-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Just south of 150 Mile, UBC forest towards the far end has some Moose populations. Check in the higher elevations. Lots of mule deer in this area too. Good Luck. I may be in that area later on in the season, my son got a draw in that area. Hope to run into you and share some stories.

evilplayboy911
10-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Just back, I had a draw till Sept. 30, and 5 days not one animal. We were in region 5-02B 9 bears and not one moose. Put over 500 km on my truck on dirts roads and many KM on the feeet walking slashes and marsh. Weather was too hot in Horse Fly and the logging was constant. Oh well better luck ext year.

.330 Dakota
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
I live in Lac La Hache and hunt that unit regularily. Moose are sparse at best but I do see a few. Maze Lake road is a good spot to smoke a doe if you have a tag. Seen a few decent bucks come out of there too.
Knife Creek can be good but lots of private land. Knew somebody that took a real booner mulie out of Spokin Lake rd, but I hear there are some reg changes in there.PM me when you are almost on your way and I will give you my phone number, we can have a coffee and I'll show you some spots if you like..

adder
10-05-2010, 06:54 AM
thanks for the info guys