PDA

View Full Version : whos going turkey huntin?

mark
04-13-2006, 06:15 PM
lets hear it whos heading out for a turkey this weekend and where, whats the game plan? Me and a bud are heading to christian valley tommorrow to scout and pitch camp! never done it before and dont know what were doing but ive been reading all the advice here (HW) and gunna giver a go! :smile:

beeker
04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Nothing says happy Easter like comin' home with a wild turkey. Good Luck.

huntwriter
04-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Unfortunately not me, not his year. But next year I make one moth time to hunt turkeys all over North America, this shall be my second attempt at the North American Turkey Grand Slam.

kutenay
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
I am packed to go, but, the weather forecast is looking pretty grim. I was planning on the Boundary-West Kootenay area, however, I am driving an elderly Corolla with well-worn winter tires. I may cancel and go either next weekend or the following one, I NEED another 4x4! Maybe a private JetRanger!

sawmill
04-13-2006, 07:22 PM
I`m at `er Saturday morn if it isn`pissin rain again.It`s open most places here in Reg.4 for the first time.The weather is kinda rainy-windy -grey and thats going to put the birds in a drier hideout but if a sunny early morning or evening break happens ,they wil be making up for lost time.
A neadow or a field with good backing timber and bush cover ,at a creek or river is killer for them here.Also,it`s just starting to green up here so I`m hunting southern exposior areas that green up first,but low,down along water,with open places.
Mostly ,get up before dawn,coffee up and listen for them,Toms are loud *******s when they are horny but they shut up by full sun.
I`ve watched them for seven years here now and I guess I better get one after telling ya all this Advice:mrgreen:
I`m going to still hunt them,they make way too much noise,
and I hate sitting still for hours.

marcus44
04-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I am looking to head out on sunday and check out a cpl different spots I have seen birds during the past year and hopefully get a crack at one.

mark
04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
well guys i bagged a big tom this morn. i just got home but ill post pics and a story in a bit here!

GoatGuy
04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
well guys i bagged a big tom this morn. i just got home but ill post pics and a story in a bit here!

Congrats!

I was sent pics of one that got hammered in 8-14 opening morning.

Post up on how it tastes.

mark
04-16-2006, 05:40 PM
i just posted pics in the gallery guys, ill start a new thread and tell the story! :-D