PDA

View Full Version : lots of muley bucks

hardnocks
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
I have been traveling a lot of the logging roads in the shuswap the last couple weeks.
And from what i have seen the buck to doe ratio is pretty good. i have seen upwards of 15 bucks .
and thats not counting the bucks in the fields between sqwawm bay and louse creek either .

Jelvis
07-15-2010, 11:46 AM
All the rain we had made for chest high grass and shrubs with healthy trees as well and water to drink with minerals and walla .. big antlered bucks ..
jp .. Squaam 2 Looey creek good, cahilty, Fadear, biggeth buckus fricas fracus who dat? record

Gunner
07-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I saw a big 3 point and two 2 points on the Chase/Falkland road on Tuesday. Gunner

1 shot 1 kill
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
yeah..i have seen upwards of 20 bucks this yr as well 2 4 pointers the other day traveling together in 3-26.
squaam bay always has tons of deer in the fields..last fall i was watching 47 deer in the 2 fields across from each other with 2 CO'S and there was 23 bucks there in amongst them. 1 nice 5 point and some real nice 4 pointers and a massive 3 point..largest i or the CO'S have ever seen.
should be another great season this yr..especially with a GOS whitetail flat top season..and for me due to where i live a 2 weeks extension on immies!!

Jelvis
07-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Records will be broken this season in this area if we get the hikers of ridges.
Excellent habitat with irrigation from mother nature builds nutritious feed and that builds deer so some bad boys in those creeks coming down into Louis Creek all along the entire road on Louis.
Someone will get a brute.
Jel .. down by my Fadear Creek and up your Cahilty lol .. Sqwam with Chest knee .. lol .. up Louis Crick

Moose72
07-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Saw 9 bucks and 7 does last night. A couple are gonna be good ones. The one especially.

1 shot 1 kill
07-16-2010, 11:55 AM
i have been seing aot of whities this yr as well...i think there taking over some of the areas the mulies used to roam. used to see mulies everytime i went hiking!! now hardly a 1..all whities..which is okay with me, theres a ton of country around here with lots of mulies, but not alot of oportunities to find a whitey unless you hunt private land!
has anyone else been seeing more whitetails than normal thru region 3-26-36-37 etc..curious more than anything, as i have a little sweet spot marked out where i got a young whitetail last yr small 4 ( or 8 pointer depending on how you call it) lol...looking to repeat again this yr as i have seen 3 small bucks in the same area...but if all fails we have that GOS whitey flat top season i suppose...which is good cause i have a 14yr old getting her core done now!! so it gives her an opportunity to harvest one of those and i know i can find her one easy enough..

one-shot-wonder
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Good to hear! Same can be said in the Okanagan!

Apparently MD are only suffering in Region 4.........:oops:

Moose72
07-16-2010, 01:55 PM
All i saw were muleys. There are more and more whiteys movin in though. Glad to see a doe season this year.

Jelvis
07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Rumors of a large herd in the area over the last few years folks in the fields of dreams, but, it's a nightmare up above in the rocks looking down in the morning waiting for the buck to come up on the trail, baa baa BOOM!
Where did he go? Phantom buck with all the luck you were a sittin duck!
Jelly .. up above looking down I was a clown Hoo deenie, lol yo hey it's phantom got yah agin lol!