PDA

View Full Version : Moose and caribou in region 6?

boothcreek
07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi everyone,

i will be heading up to northern BC end of august for my vacation(got 1 week and it has to be BEFORE our hunting season starts here) for this year and thought I might as well combine it with hunting since the season for caribou and - in select areas - moose as well will be open in august.

Now I have no clue were to go up there, and don't know anyone around here who has been up there hunting.

Anyone out there can give me any pointers where to go, any MUs better then others?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Anna

plumbcrazy
07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
After a qiuck look in the record book. It looks like most of the trophy game comes from the Cassiar range. I would start looking there.

daywalker
07-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Have you thought about the Dease Lake area.

hillclimber
07-15-2010, 10:00 AM
speaking about dease lake does anyone know if the road block is still up there?

Hotshoe
07-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Drive to Atlin, get Chris Moser to fly you into Kilgor Lake, head east for Caribou onto the Kawdy and around the south side of the lake for Moose. You will need at least 2 weeks!

Caribou_lou
07-15-2010, 10:28 AM

I had a conversation with a lady the other day about this. She was from Telegraph Creek and said there are rumours that they will block it again come this fall. She was strongly against the roadblocks. She mentioned there is only a small group in favour of them.

Surrey Boy
07-15-2010, 10:32 AM

Isn't it dangerous to block roads in a rural area without a heavy police presence? Couldn't the blockaders be shot with the perpetrators never identified? Sounds risky to me, I wouldn't do it. Best to get along with people in those areas.

hillclimber
07-15-2010, 10:38 AM
alright thanks for the info guys