PDA

View Full Version : AB Draw results posted

BruceW
07-14-2010, 03:45 AM
In case anyone's been waiting, the draw results are posted on Alberta Relm.

It's calling season bull moose for me :mrgreen: , a local mule doe in Nov with my patch'n'ball percussion, and wife will try for her first mule buck locally in Nov.

Remember, the antelope results aren't out till Aug.

Gunner
07-14-2010, 10:16 AM
My buddy from Lethbridge and I drew a Mulie buck in #118.I'm looking forward to November! Gunner

BruceW
07-14-2010, 12:09 PM
If you've never hunted there before you're in for a treat. Sort of the tail of the "bench" going up to the cypress hills.
Lot's of little draws, brush. Some really nice country. Good farmland, too. When you're there if you look to the W you'll see a fork in the coulee that runs E-W. My land is about 3-4 mi NW of that fork.
Best of luck. Remember if you shoot one in the bottom of a coulee you've gotta hoof it to the top. :wink:

Gateholio
07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm sure glad BC LEH results are out a month earlier.:wink:

IronNoggin
07-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Missed on Moose, expected.

Missed on Mule deer due to Buddy entering one too many out of Province hunters :confused: Man, that SUCKS! But at least now I have some ammo to fire back with any time he brings up that Swing And A Miss on a huge Whitetail last year! :twisted:

Oh well, Whitetails are still Good To Go...

Nog

Gunner
07-14-2010, 01:00 PM
If you've never hunted there before you're in for a treat. Sort of the tail of the "bench" going up to the cypress hills.
Lot's of little draws, brush. Some really nice country. Good farmland, too. When you're there if you look to the W you'll see a fork in the coulee that runs E-W. My land is about 3-4 mi NW of that fork.
Best of luck. Remember if you shoot one in the bottom of a coulee you've gotta hoof it to the top. :wink:Thanks Bruce,It'll be great, I've seen many nice mulies on my way through to hunt geese in Saskatchewan,but shooting a buck is not really neccesary I would just like to hunt that country.I have another aquaintance in Lethbridge that has hunted the area many times and has maps and a list of friendly landowners for us!Cheers,Gunner

srupp
07-15-2010, 11:47 AM
hmmmm I just have NO LUCK at all..only got

BC...

grizzly tag
Dall sheep tag
Goat tag
Moose tag

Alberta

MULIE DEER TAG...:mrgreen:

as well as a over the counter white deer tag..

Man when will I ever catch a break???:confused:....

should have just bought LOTTO tickets...:wink:

Srupp

Rackmastr
07-15-2010, 05:21 PM
We had some great luck in the draws this year....

I got....

WMU 410 Sheep Hunt (Canmore Bowzone November Hunt)
Antlered Elk Hunt in the mountains
WMU 212 Cow Elk late season (Feb)
Mulie Doe draw

My wife got....

WMU 438C Cadomin Trophy Sheep Tag (Second November season - lottery)
WMU 108 Antlered Elk Hunt (Late season Prairie Bull)

My Dad also drew a Mountain Moose close to home.....

We DAMN near have too much lined up. Between helping a couple buddies and trying to fill our tags, it will be a very busy year for us. Also I need to sit down with Gunner and our buddy and go over some maps so he can get into a really good 118 buck!

Wild Images
07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
November mulie tag in 202 :-D

srupp
07-15-2010, 08:38 PM
hmmm Ken maybe you and I will run into each other in Nov. in ALberta..

Steven

Duk Dog
07-17-2010, 11:50 AM

BC...

grizzly tag
Dall sheep tag
Goat tag
Moose tag

Alberta

Srupp

Sheesh that is brutal, no good hunts to look forward to at all this year. :wink: That is one fine fall season ahead of you. Best of luck. :)

Me I got mulie doe and I apparently am going to be Rackmastr's pack mule for the fall.

srupp
07-17-2010, 12:35 PM
ya it SUCKS to be me...every year grizzly..sheep..moose...deer elk...man when will I ever get a "NIL"..lol actually not all that funny something is wrong to get that many draws year after year..

our group of 5 hunters..for THIS year alone..

5 moose draws..non a group hunt..all individual applications..
1 deer
1 grizz
3 goats
3 DALL SHEEP

HMMM seems pretty steep success rate...and the moose are ALL on diminished odds???ya sure..

and now trophy mulies in Alberta..long season to be sure..
Steven

Blacktail
07-17-2010, 02:01 PM
wife got mule buck and both mule and white does
I missed my buck but got both does as well

Springer
07-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Steve we will hunt WMU234 for Muley Buck and Whitetail ,which is directly North of 202 where Wild Images is drawn. As you know we shot tenacious there 2 years ago( in WMU 202) and 4 years ago or was it 5 The Non typical got away on us in the battle River Valley.
I for one know of some tanks we saw last fall I will pursue this time with tag in hand.http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp189/Springer428/2008Muley.jpg

David Heitsman
07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm sure glad BC LEH results are out a month earlier.:wink:

Good point GH. I'm surprised the Albertans don't try to get that moved
up some, more in line with BC and the Western USA. I hear enough whining locally about have the results available so late here in BC as it is.

BruceW
07-19-2010, 05:14 AM
From what I've heard it's because in the spring the bioligists do some scouting/game counts in a few wmu's and these are used as an average comparison to other wmu's. Tag allotment is based on these numbers and historical harvest rates. Post season we're asked about success rates. I know a lot of people blow these off, but as I unerstand it they are relied upon so should not be underrated.
I don't know if that's accurate, it's just what I've heard via the grapevine, but is makes sense, anyway?

Walking Buffalo
07-19-2010, 11:50 AM
From what I've heard it's because in the spring the bioligists do some scouting/game counts in a few wmu's and these are used as an average comparison to other wmu's. Tag allotment is based on these numbers and historical harvest rates. Post season we're asked about success rates. I know a lot of people blow these off, but as I unerstand it they are relied upon so should not be underrated.
I don't know if that's accurate, it's just what I've heard via the grapevine, but is makes sense, anyway?

http://www.ab-conservation.com/go/default/assets/File/Programs/Wildlife/AUS/Aerial_Ungulate_Survey_2009-2010_Final_Report_Draft_ACAwebsite.pdf

Here is a link to the 2009/10 winter aerial survey. It's unfortunate F&W just doesn't have the funding to actually get the info. needed for wildlife management. Antelope, goats, and Zama-Hays Bison are surveyed every year, and then the rest is left to anecdotal observation. Even Sheep zones are usually only surveyed every three to four years. Take a look at past surveys, only a tiny portion of the province is covered.

http://www.ab-conservation.com/go/default/index.cfm/programs/wildlife/aerial-ungulate-surveys/?keywords=ungulate%20surveys&tag=&searchSectionID=

I hope you BC hunters have a good season here in Alberta. I have several friends and family from BC that will start drawing some excellent tags next year. My draws this year are Archery Antelope, and a late season cow elk. And the Goat tag!

Rack, Those tags are just rediculous! I see a book ram in your wife's future. :-D

Rackmastr
07-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Rack, Those tags are just rediculous! I see a book ram in your wife's future. :-D

I see a legal ram in her future at least......now killing a book ram would be AMAZING!!

Brett
07-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey guys I talked a friend into putting in for the draws. He 999'd them and got his priorities all bumped up 1 except for antelope. He says it just says "initial" under draw and there is no priority number? Any ideas? One more question. Rackmaster you mentioned lottery for your wife's sheep is this not the normal draw? could you link me to the info for it? Thanks Brett

Duk Dog
07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
Initial means the draw hasn't happened yet. The antelope draw is in August. Some of our sheep draws work on priority points, some are random lottery which is the case of the sheep tag Rack's wife got.

Brett
07-22-2010, 10:37 AM
So can you guys put in for the regular draw and the lottery in the same year?

Duk Dog
07-22-2010, 10:53 PM
So can you guys put in for the regular draw and the lottery in the same year?

Nope gotta pick one or the other.

srupp
07-28-2010, 02:09 AM
lol Springer..I will never ever forget TENACIOUS..what a tracking job:mrgreen:..him pulling a crazy Ivan and then refusing to lay down and die...WAIT I remember the SAME scenario a few years earlier on the river by Reds place...

Remind me to bring LOTS of extra ammo for the .338...may need 6 or 7 finishing shots..:eek:...

Always a hoot and a holler..and most trips no one ends up in the Red Deer Emergency Dept for sutures..:wink:...

awwwww the memories..

And then Randy and I being the closest individuals on the Planet Earth when that meteor crash landed on the farmers field..in front of us...man if I only knew then what those chunks of rock were worth...:cry:..

cheers
Steven

Springer
07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Well Steve it is always an adventure and I had to pull lots of strings to have that Enormous Meteorite flown over you and Randy stuck in the swamp with the Big Chevy. They found lots of meteorite chunks on top of Frozen water and there was the traditional lack of snow again which helped.

I sure hope those mulies have a thinner hide this year because they have been tough so far hey !
hey Its not a game ,just because i cut myself you didn't have to !!
Counting down the days already.

srupp
07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Phil...I always enjoy myself in Alberta and your hospitality and the whole experience...sitting here looking at the wonderful white tail I harvested there a couple years back..THANKS BRO and we always seem to have some laughs and enjoy the outdoors and the big game animals...

You cut yourself but...I think that was one contest I won...

I appreciate what you have done on my behalf to allow me to come visit Alberta meet your family and friends.....

THANK YOU

Steven

Leaseman
07-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Take lots of pictures Phil..... I want to see what those Alberta brutes look like! Just make sure you don't have Steve in too many pictures....:mrgreen::wink:

I haven't forgot you fine offer, but have been too swamped with work and then the family getting into a car accident....:icon_frow

Will send off the info in the next couple of weeks if that is OK! Let me know if you can make it down this fall!

Mike

srupp
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Hope and PRAY the family is getting better...and time will tell about sturgeon..if I can I will..and bring some moose and deer steaks..

cheers

Steven

JeremyCarrano302
07-29-2010, 10:48 AM

BC...

grizzly tag
Dall sheep tag
Goat tag
Moose tag

Alberta

Srupp

Haha no kidding srupp u don't have horseshoes up ur ass u have the whole ranch :D

srupp
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM
ya aint THAT the truth...and year after year its the same...

Steven

Springer
07-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Take lots of pictures Phil..... I want to see what those Alberta brutes look like! Just make sure you don't have Steve in too many pictures....:mrgreen::wink:

I haven't forgot you fine offer, but have been too swamped with work and then the family getting into a car accident....:icon_frow

Will send off the info in the next couple of weeks if that is OK! Let me know if you can make it down this fall!

Mike

What accident ?? Sorry to hear that Mike. I guess it depends when in the Fall. I have a trip planned for the Kootenays to Hunt Goats & maybe Elk. We had a great time fishing there a couple weeks ago.
Yes of course the offer still stands ,when you get time send me some drawings and i will do my best to whittle one out metal..

Mike i still have my Sturgeon as a Screen saver. That was so much fun and it was great to meet the other HBC brethern on the Boats.
I may just come back to beg Allison to invite me to a gourmet meal again.

Walking Buffalo
08-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Any one draw an Antelope tag?

Resident Archery tag for me. :-D

https://www.albertarelm.com/

Wild Images
08-13-2010, 11:23 AM
No Antelope for us, but we are only a priority 4

whitetailsheds
08-13-2010, 10:48 PM
No antelope, but we are only priority 3.