PDA

View Full Version : River boat hunting for elk

22 Northriver 496
07-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Any recomendations on a good elk hunt, hunted by river boat????? I know the cachika is a good hunt, just trying to find something closer to langley......like a 12 or 14 hour drive.....

CanuckShooter
07-13-2010, 08:00 PM
Stewart River & Nechako confluence...Bowron River east of PG...Fraser River near McBride...and just a little further...

Pine River in Chetwynd...Murray River in Tumbler...

jml11
07-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Muskwa and the tuchodi out of Ft.Nelson...you can hunt 3-points and cows....lots of them but it is probably farther than you want to go. The Kechika is a large river in a very wide valley, elk hunting is not the easiest but there are some gooders up there. 6-point only and shorter season I believe.

The areas Canuckshooter refered to are also easily accessible by truck as there are large road networks near all of them and to be honest you will be just as likely to run into elk via roads than the river. You could also try the peace river but most of the adjacent land is private. The perks to the peace area rivers is the 3-point and cow seasons there as well.

Mooseter
07-14-2010, 11:31 AM
I have been on Fraser from McBride down river several times. Lots of private land to watch for and there are some bulls in there. I float and call and have seen some. Got 1 6x7.
No comparison to Kechica and Turnagain as to chance of success but much closer to travel.