PDA

View Full Version : Wowzer... Great Fish Again..

srupp
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
Just in From Sheridan Lake resort for a couple days..

caught THE BIGGEST RAINBOW on Sheridan Lake SO FAR THIS YEAR...:mrgreen: ..YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

check out their website..I will post pictures of the 11 pound 3 oz beauty when I get back from Kamloops Drs appointment..

cheers

Srupp

doubled
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Well done Steven. Will be up there in two weeks.

d6dan
07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Here you go Steven..Congrats on a beautiful rainbow..Thats a Big Bugger!!!
http://sheridanlakeresort.com/

BigBanger
07-13-2010, 12:36 PM
Wow, what a fish.

srupp
07-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Ya really poor timing..last week I would have WON the Sheridan Lake fishing tounament...:cry: this week I get a pin for my hat....:wink: lol thats how it goes...all in the timing...the fish wasnt all that long but really chunky thick and deep...and what a fight...considering I was using 4 POUND test leader...will post a better photo tomorrow on my return...

cheers
Steven

BigfishCanada
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Wow awesome fish, if it was mine it would be on the wall.

PS, Care to share what you caught it on?

srupp
07-13-2010, 01:33 PM
hmmmm it IS the guest of honor at a upcoming Barb que....

lol

renind me to not be so cheap and get a bigger net also..lol....

Steven

kennyj
07-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Wow Steven! You are the slayer of big fish thats for sure. Congratulations on another beauty.
kenny

Stone Sheep Steve
07-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Great fish srupp!!
I guess if other people post your pics for you we get to see them a lot sooner.
Want me to post pics of your Stone mount??:-D

SSS

07-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Great Bow Steven, thats a dandy ! Congrats !

My Grandma caught one there 13.5 on a fly back in the days of Tex and Kitty's .
Hopefully it won't be muddy like they get there later in the season.

CT

showtimebc
07-13-2010, 10:58 PM
wow thats a hog!!

killman
07-13-2010, 11:06 PM
Nice fisn Steven. Did you catch it on that secret wooly bugger.:mrgreen:

sakofinnlight
07-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Nice fish Srupp!!! I have put quite a bit of time on that lake this year but 4 and a half punds is the biggest I have been able to pull out so far this year. 10lb 2oz is my biggest in that lake and I know they are in there much bigger. What were you using? I use alot of micro leeches under indicators and now sedges at this time of the year.

Daryl

ianwuzhere
07-14-2010, 06:29 AM
high fives-thats a nice fish- gotta love the resort-very "home" feel to it-nice people, was gonna be there the other week but gotta book cabins way in advance this year...
-gonna have to change your alias to something like "fish slayer"! Good job- thats a once in a lifetime fish for many..

BiG Boar
07-14-2010, 06:41 AM
What a fish sruff! Nice work. It looks like you, but on the site you are called, steven ruff. Maybe its your twin brother?

Wow, is all I can say, I didnt know they made them that big!

srupp
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Stone Sheep Steve..do you REALLY have a photo of my Stone sheep mount???send me a copy??

No this was caught using a very small Lyman lure..as the surface temp was 68 degrees..and the fish were really deep..over 40 feet...so it called for desperate measures..not many fish caught...60 boats maybe 5 fish caught in the 3 days??I caught 3 fish ...2 on caddis on the surface late in the evening couple 3 pounds each..

Dave ..yes they origanaly spelled my name wrong...sheeesh..

Cheers
Srupp

Stone Sheep Steve
07-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Stone Sheep Steve..do you REALLY have a photo of my Stone sheep mount???send me a copy??

I do have a pic but it's still not quite finished....so I was requested not to send it to you:-D.
You'll just have to wait for the call:wink:.

SSS

srupp
07-14-2010, 02:00 PM
SSS...hmmmm like the proverbial stripper @ the bar..TEASE !!!!:mrgreen:

Hope it looks 1/2 way decent??? Smell like smoke with the recent fires close bye???:wink:..

Was in Kamloops overnite to see the surgeon for a surgical date..:(...could have made a fast trip over the connector to pick it up...darn..

Steven

sawmill
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh My! Big Chrome!O.K., gotta quit being all things to all people on the weekends and get my ass out fishing.:mrgreen:

Caribou_lou
07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Thats a great looking Steelhead you have there!!

Just playin Srupp... Great looking Rainbow. Is that an adapose clipped fish? Is there a hatchery on Sheradin Lake?

hillclimber
07-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I find the fish at Sheridan to be a lot fatter aswell. That's a beauty fish I must say congrats! Makes me jealous though seeing as I aint going up there this summer, gotta try the new to me waters at Timothy Lake instead:(

srupp
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
hillclimber...it really doesnt show it but tha twas THE deepest bow I have ever caught..massive but not actually that long....if "normal " length for that fat..would have been a 15 pounder...all in all a great experience..and caused quite the stir @ the resort the fishing and the weather were pretty slow...

Steven

hillclimber
07-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Once Sheridan warms up the fishing is horrible. Last year it was as warm as a bathtub on the surface and we didn't get many fish. And yes that is a pretty deep rainbow. My biggest fish was 8lbs and was around 11-12 inches around the girth if memory serves me right.

mountainman
07-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Wow Steve that fish makes you look thin!! :twisted: Beauty fish buddy. Wish we could have had another day or two on the Skeena to get you into the Chinook.

srupp
07-24-2010, 03:45 PM
No biggee Joe...I understand AUSTRALIA is calling you...:mrgreen:..I did have one on..just managed to let it go...:wink:...the sockeye will taste marvelous..

Thanks again for the invite..

cheers
Steven

mountainman
07-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Gotta love the long line releases!

Made it back yesterday but the boat is still in PG, had a small trailer issue on the way home.

srupp
07-24-2010, 05:52 PM
oh oh..would that be a blown tire...back one on drivers side???Just a wild guess..lol

nothing serious?? where is the boat??@ a shop??

glad at least YOU made it home in one piece..

cheers Bud

Steven

mountainman
07-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Well a blown tire yes but that was an after the fact of the broken axle shackle which twisted the tire into the fenders smoking one and blowing the other one.

Towed it back to Al's place in Prince George and left it there. Got time to get it fixed before I get back for elk season here.

Surprisingly the tire which you mentioned is still holding air for some reason :? should have blown miles and miles ago as far as I could tell.