PDA

View Full Version : Interresting add in Buy and Sell!

132mile
07-13-2010, 03:40 AM
Looking through the buy and sell at the gun adds, I came across this one, and was kind of surprised. I thought that moose shared hunt in 5-02A would already have a partner in mind when the LEH was submitted. What am I missing here? Or has this person missed the boat?

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/BC/Guns_Equipment_Accessories/4705/75351076/I_HAVE_A_LIMITED_entry_tag_for_big_bull.aspx?gok=G uns+Equipment+Accessories

Ltbullken
07-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Sounds almost illegal. If the person entered the draw individually, which is possible, he can certainly invite someone along to hunt but ONLY the LEH authorized person can shoot a moose. The other person may hunt for some other game. But reading between the lines, it sounds dodgy. Call RAPP and report it. I say the wise person should steer clear of this offer.

moosinaround
07-13-2010, 05:37 AM
To me it sounds like this person is looking for a hunting partner and is not on HBC.ca yet!!!:mrgreen: Why do all you guys think someone is a poacher automatically??!!!:evil: This dude is putting out a hunting personal and is looking for someone with a 4x4 truck! I am not sure of the details of a Buy and sell listing, but maybe he had to put a price to place the ad?? Maybe it is in the wrong section of the buy and sell?? Maybe he put it in the section so hunters would see the ad, cause most hunters will not be surfing the personals, but will be surfing the for sale ads?? God man innocent until proven guilty!!!! Moosin

boxhitch
07-13-2010, 05:45 AM
God man innocent until proven guilty!!Agreed
So the guys plans went sideways, not like that never happens
Or he applied for the draw , and had no plans.
He is making an effort to make it work, which is better than others on this site.

But reading between the lines, it sounds dodgy.
kinda like measuring tine that is not there, but wish it was

Chameleon
07-13-2010, 05:45 AM
I don't see anything wrong with the Ad. It says nothing about the other person shooting a Moose, just wants a person to "come with" and split the costs, but must have a 4x4 they don't even have to have a firearm.

I could be missing something, does anyone going on a hunt have to have a hunting licence regardless of whether they have a firearm, do they need one if they are just observing and driving?

Caveman
07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
To me it sounds like this person is looking for a hunting partner and is not on HBC.ca yet!!!:mrgreen: Why do all you guys think someone is a poacher automatically??!!!:evil: This dude is putting out a hunting personal and is looking for someone with a 4x4 truck! I am not sure of the details of a Buy and sell listing, but maybe he had to put a price to place the ad?? Maybe it is in the wrong section of the buy and sell?? Maybe he put it in the section so hunters would see the ad, cause most hunters will not be surfing the personals, but will be surfing the for sale ads?? God man innocent until proven guilty!!!! Moosin

I'm thinking the same thing. He just looking fo a partner, maybe he has no buddys that can go or don't even hunt. Maybe just no truck to get himself there, and can't afford to do it on his own

ianwuzhere
07-13-2010, 06:22 AM
someone should email the guy huntingbc.ca

fuzzybiscuit
07-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Someone get a rope, I'll start looking for a suitable tree.

The buy, sell and trade poster is obviously a poacher and probably worse. He is more than likely not even interested in hunting and just wants to get you alone in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure that part way through the first night, he'll suggest zippering the sleeping bags together to "keep warm".:roll:

BlacktailStalker
07-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Wouldnt be surprised if it is 'bait' set by some of our finest...

Steeleco
07-13-2010, 08:24 AM
So long as the guy in the add is the one that shoots the moose and cuts the tag there's nothing illegal at all. He's just looking for a ride and a strong back.

Nothing that hasn't been done on here more than a few times, nobody bitched about that????????????

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 08:26 AM
nothing sounds fishy with this at all really. sounds like he had some problems and some bad luck or something. takes a pretty fair person to go in the buy and sell and offer half of a moose to a "new" hunting partner.

at least the guy is making an effort to fill his leh instead of it goin to a GO next year....... unlike some people.:-|

bigwhiteys
07-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I don't think it looks illegal, the guy just needs a ride and is willing to give you 1/2 his moose... The part I don't like is that he openly tells you he is cheap!!!

Carl

igojuone
07-13-2010, 08:36 AM
I swear some on here must think everyone is a poacher but themselves. Sounds to me like the guy needs a truck and a hunting partner. A person could hunt mule, whitetail or even Full Curl Rams while he hunts moose and maybe get to know an area he says he knows well. Heck if I wasn't looking for a truck myself now, I would call the guy.

ufishifish2
07-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Good on him for putting in the time to place this ad. Pretty piss poor planning, but atleast he must really like hunting. I'd go with him myself if I was new to the sport and wanted to discover a new area, or find a hunting partner.
On the flip side, he could be a terrible person to hunt with, and that is why he is looking for someone to go out with him. Could make for a miserable hunting trip! I don't know about the rest of you, but I personally find novice hunters crawling out of the woodwork every hunting season wanting to partner up. Hunting partners are a dime a dozen, but good hunting partners are priceless!

shadow1982
07-13-2010, 09:16 AM
If you are concerned about your safety, meet up with guy before hand... get to know him better... see if he has a compatiable with you,

BearStump
07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Good on that guy.
At least he's trying to fill the LEH that he's got. I know too many guys that will get an LEH and for the smallest damn reasons, they wont go, or wont fill the tag.
The way I see it, if you're gonna put in for the tag, make every reasonable effort to fill it. because essentially that tag has caused another hunter to draw NIL again. $#%&@!*
I hate when guys put in for draws with the attitude that "If I get it we'll see, maybe I'll go, maybe I wont"
That being said, I wouldnt go on a moose hunt with a dude that I've never met. I've learned fom experience that hunting camp is for close friends only. Too many hunts have been far too unenjoyable due to jackasses in camp.

camelsfoot
07-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Personally I would not apply for a LEH if I was not prepared for the hunt, in the event I was successful on the draw. Would not want to take an opportunity away from some one who was prepared to go on the hunt.

BigBanger
07-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I sent him an E mail with this thread and told him a bit about the site. Hopefully he joins up.

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 09:47 AM
who knows what the circumstances are. the add states they he doesnt have a pickup at this time. maybe his truck broke down?

wsm
07-13-2010, 09:53 AM
i agree with jess , sometimes bad things happen suddenly. today im ready to go ,tomarrow some ass drill a hole in the bottom of my gastank . lol

700bdl
07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Good on him. Plans may have fell through and he doesn't want to waste the tag, or doesn't feel comfortable hunting by himself for safety reasons. He isn't implying any illegal activity.

shadow1982
07-13-2010, 10:21 AM
i agree with jess , sometimes bad things happen suddenly. today im ready to go ,tomarrow some ass drill a hole in the bottom of my gastank . lol

HAHAHA...

are you giving people ideas incase they didnot get a LEH...:mrgreen:

wsm
07-13-2010, 11:27 AM
lol of course not

132mile
07-13-2010, 11:33 AM
The moose draws for 5-02A are for group hunts, not individual hunts, would that not mean that he should already have a partner for this hunt already?

landphil
07-13-2010, 11:41 AM
The moose draws for 5-02A are for group hunts, not individual hunts, would that not mean that he should already have a partner for this hunt already?

An individual can apply for a shared moose hunt just fine - re-read the regs. I'm sure they wouldn't have issued my last moose leh auth. otherwise.:wink:

camelsfoot
07-13-2010, 11:55 AM
An individual can apply for a shared moose hunt just fine - re-read the regs. I'm sure they wouldn't have issued my last moose leh auth. otherwise.:wink:
Absolutely.

jhausner
07-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Yah it's better than a guy I know that I've hunted with a few times. He messaged us just recently saying he put in for every species multiple times. Ended up getting 5 LEH entries he won't fill because he didn't really want to hunt them anyway. So that's 5 LEHs he got that people trying to hunt in the area didn't and just because he is well off and has money to throw away, he took their chances.

I applaud people who receive LEHs and actually try best effort to fill them. It helps to compensate for idiots that apply for them, get them, and then have no intention of filling them.

urbanhermit
07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Yah it's better than a guy I know that I've hunted with a few times. He messaged us just recently saying he put in for every species multiple times. Ended up getting 5 LEH entries he won't fill because he didn't really want to hunt them anyway. So that's 5 LEHs he got that people trying to hunt in the area didn't and just because he is well off and has money to throw away, he took their chances.

I applaud people who receive LEHs and actually try best effort to fill them. It helps to compensate for idiots that apply for them, get them, and then have no intention of filling them.

I thought your draws got turfed if you put in multiples?

Ltbullken
07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
... sounds dodgy! I bet the offer is that "I have the LEH tag but you might shoot a moose too nudge, nudge, wink, wink, look the other, know what I mean... "

Read between the lines. If the person wanted to be clear, he'd say, ONLY I CAN HARVEST MOOSE, but doesn't! Guilty state of mind. Totally! :evil: Alright already, I'm very suspicious about such offers. The person needs to be clear about intentions. But yes it could and most likely is a call for a hunting partner.

bighornbob
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Read between the lines. If the person wanted to be clear, he'd say, ONLY I CAN HARVEST MOOSE, but doesn't!

Maybe he didn't express his thought correctly onto the keyboard/paper. Where have I see that before, wait its on the tip of my tounge. Oh wait its right here on this site and its in every second post on this site.

BHB

jessbennett
07-13-2010, 04:04 PM
... sounds dodgy! I bet the offer is that "I have the LEH tag but you might shoot a moose too nudge, nudge, wink, wink, look the other, know what I mean... "

Read between the lines. If the person wanted to be clear, he'd say, ONLY I CAN HARVEST MOOSE, but doesn't! Guilty state of mind. Totally! :evil: Alright already, I'm very suspicious about such offers. The person needs to be clear about intentions. But yes it could and most likely is a call for a hunting partner.

or he figured that someone might actually take a look at the regulations to see what is open to hunt before agreeing? or that someone might actually know how the leh system works?

Blainer
07-13-2010, 04:19 PM

I applaud people who receive LEHs and actually try best effort to fill them. It helps to compensate for idiots that apply for them, get them, and then have no intention of filling them.1 entry per species.
He is full of $hit.

Glassman
07-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Has anybody actually thought about talking to him before we condem him?

ve7iuq
07-13-2010, 05:23 PM
OK, let's recap this thread.
Perfectly legitimate request. Asking for someone with truck, and obviously some camping equipment and know-how, to chance getting half a moose.
Regarding all the talk about applying for a leh, then not going hunting. It has happened from the first leh that was issued and is happening, quite extensively. Does that mean one less hunt for someone else? Not really. The game department is well aware of this and they know pretty close, the percentage of people drawn who do not go on the hunt. So, they just issue more leh hunts to get to the number of hunters they want out there. In years past there was consideration given to make the applicant purchase a tag, in order to apply for a leh, like they do in many jurisdictions. They wisely decided to let it go like this and just issue extra le licences.
Going on a hunting trip with a stranger? Lots of people have been friends for years, then gone on a hunting trip and came home hardly speaking to each other! The important thing in this case would be to lay out all the angles of the trip ahead of time, so there are no surprises later. Both people should be well aware of who pays what and who does what, before they leave.
Not a member of HBC? I am really scratching my head over this one. Why would a member of HBC be a better bet to go on a hunting trip with, than someone else who never heard of this group and maybe doesn't even have a computer but has an excellent hunting background?

RayHill
07-13-2010, 05:49 PM
LOL X2 he might even be Ed Spidey the one eyed, hitch hiking, buy and sell killer. Ugly :confused:

Someone get a rope, I'll start looking for a suitable tree.

The buy, sell and trade poster is obviously a poacher and probably worse. He is more than likely not even interested in hunting and just wants to get you alone in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure that part way through the first night, he'll suggest zippering the sleeping bags together to "keep warm".:roll:

krazy
07-13-2010, 07:18 PM

you're hilarious.

Phil
07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Isn't that area where Brokeback Mountain is?

"I'm frugal boy! Real Frugal! I hope you remembered the baby oil!!! Mu hoo ah ah ! Now touch your toes!"

fuzzybiscuit
07-13-2010, 08:32 PM
I'd definitely be strapping a pie plate to my arse and checking for dents in the morning!:mrgreen:

quadrakid
07-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Offering up half a moose for the use of a pickup truck could be perceived as bartering,not legal.I,m not saying thats the intention,but it could be perceived as such.

NIHunter
07-13-2010, 08:57 PM
believe me when i say dont respond wink wink nudge nudge

Jelvis
07-13-2010, 09:32 PM
Could be an undercover (sting operation) or just a lonely person looking for what ever they look for lol .. a truck and a helper .. never know I guess ..
Jel .. maybe it's a lady needing a strong back to help hump the meat out.

.330 Dakota
07-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Some people need to take a chill-pill, Looks like the guy just needs a huntin buddy with some equipment. he is guilty of poor planning

moose2
07-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Seems fine to me , infact he may be onto something. I think I will try it too.

I have a 3pnt bull elk tag for the Muskwa river from Aug 15 to sept 9 . I don't have a boat but will give you half an elk if I can ride with you . A 2010 34' class A moterhome would make a good base camp if you have one of those as well P.M me
Mike lol

betteroffishing
07-14-2010, 06:14 AM
i see nothing wrong with the add , i wont respond to it , but i wish him well

shadow1982
07-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Guys thinks positive... maybe its a really hot chick named Terry with a Y...

May be she is some hot shot business lady that has no need for a 4X4, and dont want to buy one just for hunting... and we know she is cheap

Now i am married... members that are not married should think about it.