PDA

View Full Version : Elk Tag 8-14

John P
07-11-2010, 04:44 PM
My wife got an LEH for Elk 8-14 on private land only for Jan-Feb. Can anyone help me with info on how to fing out who might let me hunt on there land, and were some Elk in the area might be. Willing to go knock on doors and do some scouting but its a long drive and any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
John and Mary

xtremearchery
07-12-2010, 02:15 PM
pm me and i'll put u on the elk

VanIslandGuy
07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't have an LEH but was thinking about going hunting in the area come this Oct. Is it worth getting an elk tag for 6 point or better or is it kind of pointless?

JeremyCarrano302
07-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I hunted whiteys in 8-14 and there was a guy who did manage to get a nice 6x6 so they are there just don't know if its worth the while unless ur going to scout a lot and learn the area like the back of ur hand

VanIslandGuy
07-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks alot Jeremy. Have you had much sucess with the whiteys around christian valley? I'd love to get a nice whitetail buck this year. Never tasted whitetail before since I'm from the Island.

300H&H
07-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Lots of WT.
If you are not picky you should have no trouble getting a buck/doe.
If you are going to come here, just PM me and I will tell/show you where to go.

mark
07-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks alot Jeremy. Have you had much sucess with the whiteys around christian valley? I'd love to get a nice whitetail buck this year. Never tasted whitetail before since I'm from the Island.

Whitetales everywhere out there!
Finding elk is a different story, if your not an elk master, or a local who has them figured out, best you start praying!
Odds are you wont even see one in a weeks hunt!