PDA

View Full Version : Class C game

sky-gunner
07-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Where in and around maple ridge/mission area can a guy go and hunt class c game? specifically gray squirrels?

Surrey Boy
07-11-2010, 07:12 PM
If you mean schedule C, I believe it says in the synopsis just before the list that they may be killed anywhere at any time in the province, barring a specific ban. So, anywhere? You can shoot them wherever you may discharge a firearm, but I think pellet guns and bows would be alright.

If you're asking for tips on squirrel hunting, I'd suggest looking at an American forum where some folks would take it way too seriously for me. Squirrel Stew in in my mother's copy of Joy of Cooking. Try looking up archived issues of Field & Stream; I've read a few articles on the subject by them.

Mr. Dean
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I may be of help......

Take a look and read the comments: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=6981&cpage=1&ppuser=1206#poststart

:smile::wink::wink:

sky-gunner
07-12-2010, 02:41 PM
That is absolutley hilarious. I wonder how many people bought in to that, thanks for the link, i needed a good laugh like that. I was just curious about where one may find them around maple ridge mission ara, cause the only place i know of out here with bush accsess is sylvester road. New to the area. I wasnt sure if they were strickly urban pest, or if you could find them in the woods.

takla1
07-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I live in Mission on acreage and weve got lots of grey squirrels.We also have lots of hazelnuts here on the property which the squirrels devestate every fall.there are fair numbers on the genstar lands on the west side of Mission,you can accsess that area fron gun avenue directly ubove louheed hyw just before you get into mission town

Mr. Dean
07-13-2010, 01:21 AM
I don't see why Sly Rd. wouldn't holdem'.... In my "professional opinion", set up a couple of bait stations (aka; squirrel feeders) and let them 'work' for a few days BUT be sure that they don't run dry. If you can do this, I forecast some easy pickins' in your near future.

The feeders I use have a hinged lid (birds can't rob) that goes 'clunk' when one slips in-n-out with a cheek full. The dog hears this then promptly comes and gets me.... It's quite the event. :lol:

BE SURE OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION! And when in doubt, pass.

Lone Ranger
07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Between my dad and another guy who rents a room in their basement, I think they got 15 or so grey's last year in Abby (Dad has nearly an acre downtown bordering Ravine Park). They were basically overrun by the little bastages, destroyed the fruit tress there. The other guy got tired of throwing them away so he started bbq'ing them up, apparently they taste pretty good actually. Neighbours didn't think it was so funny though seeing the little pelts hanging out to dry.. LR

bandit
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Nice to eat but not much meat compared to how long it takes to skin them!