PDA

View Full Version : Meopta otics

Brew
07-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Does anyone have any first hand experience with meopta. Have been looking at their spotting scopes and they are unreal clear and there price is decent 1000$. What do you think of them? They seem really well built and I might buy one but would like to hear first hand reviews. Thanks
http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/cata.php?cata=2&nav1=2&nav2=2

Call of the Wild
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
A good friend of mine has a Meopta spotting scope and a 50mm rifle scope and I used the spotting scope on many occasions. I borrowed his scope last year for my brother's sheep and goat hunt.

I never had the opportunity to compare the spotting scope beside a zeiss or swaro spotter but I find the optic, spotter and rifle scope, to be top quality with clear image and excellent low light performance. Have any member compared a spotting scope of Meopta vs Zeiss, Swaro, Leica or Leupold?

Brew did you buy a Meopta and if so I would appreciate your input about it.

I'm in the market for a spotting scope this summer and Meopta is my choice since it's quality optic at a fair price with excellent warrenty, also I'm very satisfied with my experience using it in the mountains at various distance and in the farmland of Peace River Ab.

Hunting guy
06-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I have a meopta 75 angled that is very clear and bright, well worth the $1000. I compared mine directly to a leupold gold ring while bear hunting a few years ago and I thought the Meopta was far nicer to look through. I have since upgraded to a Swarovski 80mm and it is a step up from the Meopta but not 3 times better, like the price was. PM me if you want to know more about the scopes, I would let mine go for less than a new one and it is mint.

slavo
06-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I have meopta binocular and I love it. I had been deciding between meopta and zeiss. The store person told me that meopta is the same quality as zeiss but the price of meopta is lower. Excellent quality optics for less money than zeiss.