PDA

View Full Version : spatziz sheep

riptide
07-08-2010, 02:25 PM
whats the best trail for sheep and carbiou McEwan or eagle nest

budismyhorse
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
don't believe anything a sheep hunter tells you.

especially on this board.

BlacktailStalker
07-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Post up some pics and a story first maybe... you're 2 posts into HBC and both ask for intel for areas not generally blabbed about.
Jokes work too ;)

Caribou_lou
07-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I think you should try the Talhtan trail. Lots of sheep there!

rollingrock
07-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Any word on that missing sheep hunter who went missing a few years ago?

digger dogger
07-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Jokes are NOT required!!!

boxhitch
07-08-2010, 07:27 PM
But they are clearly appreciated

Riptide, that trail you mentioned would be my choice too.

digger dogger
07-08-2010, 08:49 PM
But they are clearly appreciated

Riptide, that trail you mentioned would be my choice too.

His question was his joke! i think?? :-)

Brett
07-08-2010, 10:20 PM
His question was his joke! i think?? :-)
Bahahah............

riptide
07-09-2010, 01:19 AM
tough group whats the point of a hunting forum if cant ask the little questions not like I am asking for GPS coordinates .I heard the Mcewan trail is a good trail but takes longer to get in to sheep and the eagle nest has a lot of creeks to cross but your in sheep ****ry faster

digger dogger
07-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Try to be a little more discreet! Do a search, then try asking in p.m's!(don't be pissed if you don't get an answer)
The last thing guys want up there is more hunters than animals!
I've asked a few questions on here through p.m, some didn't answer back, this means i gotta figure it out myself.
Thats not how to spell country ..lol Good luck. :-) make sure to post a pic if you have success.
dave

07-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Riptide,
You will find out quick... Actually you already did!
There are two questions you dont ask here if you dont have tough skin.
1) Where are sheep
2) Where are Kootenay Elk
Just a fact Of the site. But dont be discouraged there is a tonne of info here. And if you brouse around, get to know the people who Sheep hunt. (you will know them by all the argueing about how to age sheep) PM a couple with specific questions.

Welcome to the site! And i dont know a damn thing about sheep!

Caribou_lou
07-09-2010, 09:11 AM
tough group whats the point of a hunting forum if cant ask the little questions not like I am asking for GPS coordinates .I heard the Mcewan trail is a good trail but takes longer to get in to sheep and the eagle nest has a lot of creeks to cross but your in sheep ****ry faster

Guess you need to ask yourself if you like crossing big creeks.

budismyhorse
07-09-2010, 09:43 AM

Sounds like you get 'er all figured out anyways....

What guys are trying to tell you is that right now, you are the guy at a gas station leaning over his pump asking questions about game in the area...........no one wants to help that guy much...

However, if that same guy was asking questions way the hell and gone up a mountain with a little blood and sweat on his shirt.....every hunter in the world would help that guy out no problem.

ryanb
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
What these guys are saying is that you should contibute thousands of posts of complete drivel before asking for advice on an area.

What is the latest on the blockade of the Klappan? If it's still blocked, which trail would be a moot point anyhow.

If you're worried about creek/river crossings, have a look at the many options available now for packable rafts. There are a lot of models out there than weigh no more than a couple pounds and sure makes those crossing a lot easier. Build a paddle out of a forked branch and a T-shirt.

GoatGuy
07-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Go eaglesnest if you want to find sheep.

BlacktailStalker
07-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Sounds like you get 'er all figured out anyways....

What guys are trying to tell you is that right now, you are the guy at a gas station leaning over his pump asking questions about game in the area...........no one wants to help that guy much...

However, if that same guy was asking questions way the hell and gone up a mountain with a little blood and sweat on his shirt.....every hunter in the world would help that guy out no problem.

:cool:

I was bored when I posted riptide, sorry. Never been there myself but I'd gladly help if I had been.

d6dan
07-09-2010, 01:55 PM
:cool:

I was bored when I posted riptide, sorry. Never been there myself but I'd gladly help if I had been.

Flew over the eagles range and Coldfish Lake on the way to :mrgreen::mrgreen: lake for my Caribou hunt..I can tell you that is a spectacular mtn range. Have a good video of it...:-D.

Mik
07-09-2010, 02:34 PM
What these guys are saying is that you should contibute thousands of posts of complete drivel before asking for advice on an area.

What is the latest on the blockade of the Klappan? If it's still blocked, which trail would be a moot point anyhow.

If you're worried about creek/river crossings, have a look at the many options available now for packable rafts. There are a lot of models out there than weigh no more than a couple pounds and sure makes those crossing a lot easier. Build a paddle out of a forked branch and a T-shirt.

..... Whatever..... I get tired of the socalled sheep hunters..... Sheep are like any other animal...... The are huntable and you can do it!!!!! Plain and simple!!
The only difference is make sure it's legal!!!! (DUH!- it's like a mulE deer 4 pt. Season,, you are correct, thisis a hunting site, so don't let it scare you off when you don't get a response right away!!! Already been said, both trails are great, one More wet than the other, as for the blockade, don't worry about it this year!!!!!

Caribou_lou
07-09-2010, 02:50 PM

What these guys are trying to say is you should do some research on an area before you apply. Not a month before the season opens.

MichelD
07-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I've never even thought about that kind of hunting and I think I'm over the hill for it anyway, but found this hiker's guide for those interested:

http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Eaglenest-Creek-Trail-near-Iskut-River-BC-2723

BromBones
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Creek crossings on the Eaglenest wont be bad - water levels are a bit lower this year. Late August/Sept the creek is usually low enough that crossing isn't an issue.

safarichris
07-12-2010, 09:04 AM
whats the best trail for sheep and carbiou McEwan or eagle nest

Neither, there are better rams and caribou in another part of the Spatzizi. If you wish to meet, I will help you.

riptide
07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
I know my reseach on this area may sound like its late but I just found this site and I wont be going till late september I like my sheep with a thick coat