PDA

View Full Version : Sizing info for Hanawag Alaskan GTX

Wild_Dog
07-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm looking at buying the Hanwag Alaskan GTX. My current boot size is a 45. I have no opportunity to actually go somewhere to try these on so I'm wondering what the Hanawag's fit like.

Should I lean towards the higher end of the US Scale (11.5) or the lower (11)

Or should I jump up to a 12?

Also, what is the best online store to purchase these boots?

Thanks for your help!

Wild Images
07-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Check out Monod Sports in Banff, they carry Hanwag and have a sizing chart http://www.exped.com/exped/web/exped_homepage_na.nsf

bigwhiteys
07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I went through the process buying Hanwags online a few years ago... I would go a 1/2 size UP to allow for thicker socks/footbeds etc...

I currently wear a 12UK (13US) and am moving up to 12.5UK for my next pair... http://www.lathropandsons.com is a website sponsor here and also a "pro-hunting" boot dealer. Very knowledgable of the foot and their fitting process takes the hassle out of buying boots like this online. Just watch for the duty that you may/may not get charged as there is a 20% tarriff on German made boots into Canada... As long as they don't list GERMANY as the country of origin you should be ok.

Carl

Wild_Dog
07-07-2010, 11:33 AM
there is a big price difference between the two companies.

$420 CDN at Monod
$280 US (294 CDN) at Lathrop

Easy choice!

Thanks for your reply!

bigwhiteys
07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Tell them Carl sent you and they will treat you well :) They like to talk hunting and they know all about feet. More then you'd ever want to know.

Carl

ElectricDyck
07-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Wow! Monod raised their prices! I bought mine from them online lastspring for $280 + taxes with free shipping. I printed out their sizing chart, stood on it and sized appropriately and with a 2 part hiking sock they fit perfectly. Great boots if the rabbits don't chew your leather at night in the tent's vestibule. Damn rabbits!

ytlogger
07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I am also usually a 12UK or 13US and I tried on a Hanwag last week and I also will probably choose a 12.5. I was surprised to find the width is decent.

BiG Boar
07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I went through the process buying Hanwags online a few years ago... I would go a 1/2 size UP to allow for thicker socks/footbeds etc...

Carl

x2. Had to sell a pair to a friend that were just too small.

Spokerider
07-07-2010, 08:52 PM
I have a full volume foot, and had to send ther Hanwags back......too narrow. Too bad, was a nice boot.
Kenetrex makes a boot for full volume feet....and my feet like`em so far.

Caveman
07-07-2010, 09:30 PM
x2. Had to sell a pair to a friend that were just too small.

What size?? :wink:

BlacktailStalker
06-28-2019, 11:28 PM
Blew a pair up since Nov.
Hanwag offering $ back as a credit in store (Valhalla) or replacement of the same boot.
Peeling rands and early stage Toe sole delam
Shortest lasting boots I’ve ever owned.