PDA

View Full Version : family hunt in princeton mu 8-4

Truecraft
07-06-2010, 10:53 PM
My wife drew a LEH doe for mu8-4 (princeton) for her first ever hunt, so we are planning a family hunt with the kids. I',ve hunted the copper rd a few time with success up on commander rd and wolf creek area. I've seen lots of mules but no whitetail are they in the area (8-4) and would anyone have any suggestion?
I've hunted moose and deer for 13 years now and have final reached the point i can take my wife and kids and would like to make this a great trip with the new whitetail openings her draw is for the end of october
thanks in advance
jason

hunter1947
07-07-2010, 03:32 AM
You just have to get lucky with finding a WT deer in this area they are in this region but far and few between.

Just make sure you have a WT tag when you head in for the mule doe LEH tag you have ,you just never know what you will see ,good luck..

danfloris
07-07-2010, 04:49 AM
wolf creek was blocked off a few years ago by our wonderful friends up there, but commander is still open and looks great, It is gettitng a little grown up in there now but im sure you will do fine.

BiG Boar
07-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Is this some kind of joke? Because I dont get it....

huntinnewbie
07-07-2010, 06:50 AM
This makes no sense. Unless he is talking about a mule doe draw and they are looking for white tails at the same time.:confused:

Blainer
07-07-2010, 07:09 AM
This makes no sense. Unless he is talking about a mule doe draw and they are looking for white tails at the same time.:confused:would have to be,as there was no draw for whitetail doe

MichelD
07-07-2010, 09:15 AM
What happened at Wolf Creek?

open-sights
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I assume you are planning on knocking a w/t doe down as well as your wife's Mulie flat-top??? I have seen growing numbers of w/t in the Similkameen drainage east of Princeton through to Keremeos, I have yet to see one on the Cathedral's side though, seems to be Mulie country.

Truecraft
07-12-2010, 01:51 PM
sorry about the confusion, yes she did draw a mule doe but with the increase in w/t deer population in BC i was hoping that they might have begun migrating into the princeton area. its along shot maybe next year we will put in for an area that we might have better luck for both.
thanks for your time and input

papaken
07-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I have seen a few whitetail does near August Lake and up on top of Darcy in the last 2 years.

MichelD
07-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Spent quite a bit of time in 8-4 last fall.

Never saw a WT deer.

Leaseman
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Use to see lots of W/T in the coalmont stretch heading towards Princeton....