PDA

View Full Version : Roche prov. park

noahs ark
07-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Heading out to 3-20 end of august to do some scouting for a week. Just curious as to how the fishing is this time of year around there and looking for a good fishing lake (hopefully a little more off the beaten path) to set up camp. Was thinking some smaller lakes that surround the park. will be flyfishing from a boat and 4wheel drive access is not a problem

ElectricDyck
07-06-2010, 10:45 PM
There's a bunch all around roche within 3/4 of an hour drive, any will get you away from the 5th wheels and travel trailer masses and most have decent fishing so I've heard. I drove around exploring last year and my old backroad map book was still fairly acurate and has some fishing info in the reference section. I like that area.

behemoth
07-06-2010, 11:43 PM
fished black lake a couple of weeks ago. was pretty dead, not much hitting anyones line.
Seeems that brookies are a thing of the past in that lake now :(

ElectricDyck
07-07-2010, 06:37 AM
fished black lake a couple of weeks ago. was pretty dead, not much hitting anyones line.
Seeems that brookies are a thing of the past in that lake now :sad:

I heard that was a slower and more seasonal lake than the rest as the level fluctuates a lot. A beautiful lake and spot to camp though.

4 point
07-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Try Bulman Lake. It access prevents most units except your type getting in. Some very large fish in that lake in a lake that is not that big. The road (trail) is off to the left as you come to Roche Lk.

pearljam
07-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Had some great fishing last year at roche on the last weekend of Aug. 30C durring the day, fished in the evenings and caught a wack of them. My old man pulled out a 28" rainbow.

noahs ark
07-07-2010, 07:19 PM
hey 4point is the trailhead marked for bulman? We were just gonna drive around and get to know the place a bit. Im guessing most of the lakes are stocked in this area

henderson
07-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Ernest lake

Was there for my boys trip last week. Theres some trophies in there. Guy pulled out a 8 lber while we were there. I didnt get anything that big but thats why the call it fishing not catching. Anyways need a 4x for sure which u say is no problem. Good lake. But gets windy.

noahs ark
07-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Man an 8 lber would be nice those interior guys are so spoiled

henderson
07-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I no.. Wish I had something like that hit my line but nope nothing close to that. Biggest fish out of our group was just over 3.2 lb's.

SR80
07-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Ernest is a nice lake, keep on chugging along passed black lake and you'll get there eventually. Fly fishing only in that lake though.

4 point
07-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Haven't been in to Bulman Lk for awhile. There is a small road going off at 11:00 oclock just before you get to the Roche lake camp. You should be able to find it. It 's a great lake for bigger fish...if you can catch them. No trailers can get in etc. so it's nice.

Another lake to try is Hosli Lk (E Lakes) which is north east of Roche Lk.

noahs ark
07-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Thx for the advise guys. So many options in a small area maybe ill just unload the bike and burn in for a tour. Cant wait to get up there .

f350ps
07-09-2010, 05:37 PM
When you get to the boat ramp at Roche the road is immediatley on your left. Follow this road all the way passed the powerlines and watch for a road to your right a few Km's in and this road will take you to Bulman. If you miss this road you will hit the bottom end of Ernest in which case you turn around and take your first left. Personally I would go in via Frisken, a little easier. Good luck! K

SR80
07-09-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't think you'll be able to get a truck in the back way from roche anymore, its more of a quad trail now. Your better off driving past frisken.

f350ps
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
I went in from Roche a few weeks ago but the road is gettin pretty tight. Got some pretty good gouges on the side of my truck and smacked up my Bigfoot pretty good. Everything was goin good till I hit a hung up windfall with the corner of the camper. Came out the Frisken way and it was a snap other than the big rock. K

noahs ark
07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
So if im heading to bulman go to frisken lk. Not too worried about the pinstriping but this ol ford rides like a tank. So many options definetly gonna have to do some exploring

SR80
07-09-2010, 09:46 PM
well if you can get a camper in there then someone must of did some logging, haha. Last I was in there was winter time.