PDA

View Full Version : Sheep hunt with river jet adventures

kodiak10
07-05-2010, 05:01 PM
We are heading out Aug1 with river jet adventures wondering if anyone else is or if anyone has any comments?

srupp
07-05-2010, 07:30 PM
You are headed for THE Time of your life...amazing river (s) abundant wildlife.Kevin is a skilled professional boat operator..with SAFETY primary with him..his boat(s) are top notch I rode last Agust in his new jetboat awesome...

the "steward" on the boat is Remmy and a very affectionate soul he is...:wink:

This area is accessed via the rivers and holds an absolutely astounding amount of game...

Kevin is reliable, honest, hard working and knowlegable...couldnt ask for a finer outfit...take lots of photos..I would wish you lots of luck..but you wont need it...straight shooting...
cheers
Steven

CabinFever
07-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Damn I'm jealous! If I ever get back to BC you can bet I'll be booking a trip with riverjet. I've just heard too many guys who know what they're talking about raving about the experience.

dougster
07-05-2010, 07:45 PM
whats the price tag on a trip like that?

kodiak10
07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
He has a website riverjetadventures.com and all the information is in there.

07-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Say Hi to Kevin for me, still trying to save my cash for another with Riverjet. Talked to him a few times since he took over from Guy Scott.

Kevins a very nice guy and many on here like his knowledge and safety on the rivers.

The area's he access are second to none, you will have to work hard to get your Ram or Rams likely, but no pain no gain. Sure wish I could pack out some of those big Elk you see while chasing Rams. Got my 1st Stone with this outfit. Sure hope to go back some day. Try to arrange to go in a couple days earlier then opening. Watch for G Bears, they eat well up there.

Good luck, can't wait to see your success.

CT

stoneguide
07-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Are they the ones that run the Tuchodi and such areas?

kodiak10
07-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Say Hi to Kevin for me, still trying to save my cash for another with Riverjet. Talked to him a few times since he took over from Guy Scott.

Kevins a very nice guy and many on here like his knowledge and safety on the rivers.

The area's he access are second to none, you will have to work hard to get your Ram or Rams likely, but no pain no gain. Sure wish I could pack out some of those big Elk you see while chasing Rams. Got my 1st Stone with this outfit. Sure hope to go back some day. Try to arrange to go in a couple days earlier then opening. Watch for G Bears, they eat well up there.

Good luck, can't wait to see your success.

CT
Thank you for the reply we are heading in a couple of days early,which will hopefully help us find some rams and get settled in as this is our first trip like this. Hopefully my wife doesnt read this because everybody that talks about hunting up there mentions grizzly.

kodiak10
07-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Are they the ones that run the Tuchodi and such areas?
On his website he mentions that he takes hunters on the muskwa and tuchodi and I believe he is taking us up the tuchodi.

stoneguide
07-05-2010, 10:03 PM
On his website he mentions that he takes hunters on the muskwa and tuchodi and I believe he is taking us up the tuchodi.

How long you going in for?

kodiak10
07-06-2010, 06:32 AM
How long you going in for?
It will be a total of 12 days

stoneguide
07-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Sounds good looks like ill be in that general area with 3 buddies from around Aug. 17 or so till around the 3rd or 4th of Sept.
Taking our own boat then packing in around 12 miles and hunting Sheep, Elk(as close to the boat as possible) and Goats.
SG

kodiak10
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Sounds good looks like ill be in that general area with 3 buddies from around Aug. 17 or so till around the 3rd or 4th of Sept.
Taking our own boat then packing in around 12 miles and hunting Sheep, Elk(as close to the boat as possible) and Goats.
SG
I wish you guys lots of luck. Is it your first time in there?

shallowH2O
07-06-2010, 09:37 PM
have ran into Kevin on various occations over the last two year. Great guy, great outfit. Enjoy your trip and keep us all posted!

stoneguide
07-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I wish you guys lots of luck. Is it your first time in there?
Ya but looking like we may go up in the Kechika area somewhere now. The guy im going with has talking to a few guys and looks like a few areas up that way with a few less people and some good rams and goats So looks like we gotta replan a few things.
SG

BCRiverBoater
07-06-2010, 11:27 PM
All depends when and where you are going. Both places can have some traffic and sometimes you will be only boat on the river. Kechika anywhere close to the ten day elk hunt is a zoo. Lots of people go for sheep before or after the short elk season. There will always be a few people on the rivers for the first week of sheep season. I have been on both rivers and been virtually all alone and have also been up there with 30+ trailers at the launch. Early and late season are the quietest for sure.

07-07-2010, 09:32 AM
All depends when and where you are going. Both places can have some traffic and sometimes you will be only boat on the river. Kechika anywhere close to the ten day elk hunt is a zoo. Lots of people go for sheep before or after the short elk season. There will always be a few people on the rivers for the first week of sheep season. I have been on both rivers and been virtually all alone and have also been up there with 30+ trailers at the launch. Early and late season are the quietest for sure.

How far in advance do you get booked for the best times for sheep?

kodiak10
07-07-2010, 03:12 PM
How far in advance do you get booked for the best times for sheep?
I booked last november.

07-07-2010, 04:44 PM
I booked last november.

Did you know where you wanted to be dropped off or you leave that up to the operator?

kodiak10
07-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Did you know where you wanted to be dropped off or you leave that up to the operator?
I told him where we would like to go.