PDA

View Full Version : Important Message re: Jerry Creyke

H. Bruce Kaun
07-05-2010, 01:31 PM
We are solicitors for Jerry Creyke, who is a Guide Outfitter near Kinaskan Lake, British Columbia. On March 14, 2010, at 12:23 P.M., an unknown person who signs his name as mntbowhunter, stated on the HuntingBC.ca website forum as follows:

“I think Jerry CREYKE has more to worry about now than mines and resident hunters. He has been charged with four accounts [sic] of Sexual Assault and Sexual Interference. Looks like Kinaskan lake outfitters also lacks respect when there [sic] not in the mountains.”

Jerry Creyke has never been charged with any criminal offence, let alone sexual assault and sexual interference. This statement in HuntingBC.ca constitutes a defamation of character. From a legal point of view, HuntingBC.ca has published a defamation by the anonymous writer, mntbowhunter. This comment, and other comments like it from other contributors, is read by many of the clients and friends of Jerry Creyke, and is designed to lower him in the esteem of his fellow man.

We are in the process of determining who mntbowhunter is, as well as other persons over the ensuing weeks who have parroted the same comments.

With this entry, we hereby demand HuntingBC.ca as the publisher of the defamation, mntbowhunter, and any other contributors who have repeated the defamation, to publicly withdraw this defamatory comment and apologize to Jerry Creyke in HuntingBC.ca. Other persons who have parroted the comments of mntbownhunter are willy442 on March 14, 2010, at 9:30 P.M., bushguy on March 15, 2010, at 4:50 P.M., and Stone Sheep Steve on March 15, 2010, at 5:25 P.M.

Perhaps some of the anonymous contributers could take a tip from One Shot, who wrote on March 20, 2010, at 12:00 A.M., in part and in reference to this defamation:

“I do not know these people in reference to this thread but I seriously hope that you have some back up info or reference with your comment and not second or third hand info as with out it could constitute criminal defamatory libel on your part...”

If a full retraction by any of the persons who made these comments about Jerry Creyke, or by the website itself, is not published in this website during the month of July 2010, we will be commencing a legal action without further notice. Damages will be sought against the publisher, HuntingBC.ca, as well as any of the persons who either made or repeated the defamatory comments. We trust that there will be a full retraction by all persons who have repeated this defamation and by HuntingBC.ca.

Yours truly
HOPE HEINRICH LLP
Per:
H. BRUCE KAUN

Hope Heinrich LLP
1598 Sixth Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 5G7
(250) 563-0681
hbk@hh.bc.ca

mntbowhunter
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi I have reviewed the above noted message. I was searching for information on todagin mountain bowhunting and found a thread stating this information. I believe it was bowsite.com but I am not sure. I have no other knowledge of these allegations and I do appologize to Mr Creyke if they are not true.

Upon a second glance I guess it was not fair of me to post something like this without first hand knowledge and I do appologize for this.

I also appologize to HBC for putting them into this predicament.

I would suggest surfing the internet to find the root of this false information.

I again appologize.

Bow Walker
07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I'd be careful about "demanding" an apology from HBC (the website).

HBC is in no way responsible for what others (or even its members) post on the open internet. HBC has rules and guidelines for posting and/or for being a member. If those rules are contravened by members, those members are subject to disciplinary measures as set out within the rules.

That's as far as the responsibility of HBC goes, regarding the content of threads and/or posts on this website.

I'd be interested in being proven wrong.

Devilbear
07-05-2010, 02:56 PM
I will contribute to any fund setup to pay legal expenses incurred by HBC in defending against this rather curious letter; I wonder if there may be an ulterior motive here?

We must stick together and, since the gentleman in question, has "manned up" and apologized, perhaps our "learned friend" will now leave us and HBC alone.

This just seems a little "over the top", to me as people and institutions get slagged constantly on the internet, it's "the nature of the beast".

Are any members of HBC also members of the BC Bar?

Steeleco
07-05-2010, 03:00 PM
The apology has been posted and the post in question removed. Next time rather than going to an open forum with threats of civil action, I might suggest you do a little more homework and find out who owns this site and resolve your issues with him.

This thread is now locked.