PDA

View Full Version : Whistler Bears

Heavy Metal
07-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Hey there I was up in Whistler this weekend for a buddies stag, we were mountain biking and saw a bunch bears. I couldnt believe how accostumed they are to humans up there. We a bunch of bears but one decent bear for sure. a big color phase it looked liked it was tagged. Anyways i thought it was cool to see them that close. Wonder if they ever have any issues with them. hmm

Gateholio
07-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh man...bears in Whistler. What a topic..:mrgreen:

northof49
07-04-2010, 07:59 PM
sister just had one stalking her in Pemberton a couple days ago. Was walking the dog along a farm fenceline, sensed something, turned around and there was a blacky 8ft behind in stealth mode. She dove thru the barbed wire to get away and fracked off. Was a smaller bear but surprised her pretty good.

knighthunter
07-04-2010, 08:02 PM
8 feet, holy man, that's pretty close. If it woulda been me, a change of underwear woulda been in order.

cainer
07-04-2010, 08:23 PM
In whistler, bears are thought of as people with fur. can't shoot em-unless you have a camera-and if you even think about harming them, the bear lovers will beat a path to your door.
In pemberton, there are no bears. or deer. or elk. or rednecks.

northof49
07-04-2010, 08:56 PM
In whistler, bears are thought of as people with fur. can't shoot em-unless you have a camera-and if you even think about harming them, the bear lovers will beat a path to your door.
In pemberton, there are no bears. or deer. or elk. or rednecks.
Obviously you missed one!

Blainer
07-04-2010, 09:02 PM
The C.O's shot one out of a tree at Sunnyside camp ground in Chilliwack this weekend.
This was after all the families and kids had taken pictures.
Imagine the flak the C.O's had to endure.

vortex hunter
07-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I ripped by a bear on A-line in whistler two years ago. the bear did not care

Andy83
07-04-2010, 09:27 PM
What are you talking about? David Suzuki and peta say there are no more bears.

Gateholio
07-04-2010, 09:29 PM
sister just had one stalking her in Pemberton a couple days ago. Was walking the dog along a farm fenceline, sensed something, turned around and there was a blacky 8ft behind in stealth mode. She dove thru the barbed wire to get away and fracked off. Was a smaller bear but surprised her pretty good.

Any idea where? Mighth be a good idea to let others know that there is a sneaky bear in the area!

northof49
07-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Any idea where? Mighth be a good idea to let others know that there is a sneaky bear in the area!
Not sure where exactly.

Angel
07-05-2010, 06:54 AM
oh ya the bears are great up in Whistler. They are everywhere. we have alot of nice pictures this year of a huge redy purple bear with 3 cubs all mixed colours. On the Dave Murray we saw the biggest black bear I have ever seen before it was massive.

Lorne
07-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I used to ride whistler every weekend, and every time i would see atleast one. Almost hit on on my bike one time have saw some lady screaming and carrying on down at the bottom because she hit one on her bike. In the three years i have been riding there someone has hit one while i was there every year. Seen one shot out of a tree in the village with a bunch of people watching... pretty funny stuff.