PDA

View Full Version : Region 5-13 on September or 7-42 in Ausgust

adrianvip
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Guys
I started hunting last year and this year I got my first LEH for Mouse on area 5-13A from sept 10 to Sept 30.
My friends that know the area said that their is not much Mose there and if I go just for fun they sugest not to go for more than a weekend.
Everybody sugest Fort Nelson area specially for Mouse.
One of my friend sugest to plan a trip there in October but I was thinking to go with My wife and kids before they start school some time after August 15 to see how it is try for Mose and Elk since is Any bowl.
What is your experice with area 5-13. Do you think we have a chance or should I spend the money and time to go on area 7-49 or 7-50 in August or October?

SR80
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I didnt know that there was Mouse draws listed in the LEH papers.

goatdancer
07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
How would one cook it if one bagged it???

adrianvip
07-04-2010, 05:44 PM
LOL
Let's blame it on my father wine mix with my bad English.

pnbrock
07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
i want to hunt mouse too i want a big bowl!!

Jagermeister
07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
The moose will be there, the closer to the rut, the better. If it's hot and dry, water holes on the top of the hills. If it has been wet and cold, so much the better, they can be anywhere.

adrianvip
07-04-2010, 08:05 PM
So I should wait for october to go on region 7-42.

CanuckShooter
07-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Take your wife and kids north in August [ps save some money, you don't have to go all the way to FT nelson}}...if you don't shoot your moose, go to 5-13 in September....if your still unlucky go again in october...it only makes sense!!!!

moosinaround
07-05-2010, 07:50 AM
Where are you coming from? Are you in the lower mainland? Okanagan? Northern BC? The Island? 5-13A is a huge area, I am sure you will be able to find moose habitat and or moose in that Zone!! There is lots of country to explore in the Chilcotin. You will find moose in 5-13A, and it is a lot closer to you if you are coming from the southern portions of BC. Come on up to the north in August if you would like but come prepared for very warm weather, and you may catch a part of the rainy season as well so come prepared for that as well. Quads are definately helpful for getting meat out of the bush and into coolers quickly. It doenot take long for meat to sour in 25 degree weather! It also is a tough area if it starts to rain. The roads go to $hit after a rain and you slide all over without chains!! Research it on this site, there have been lots of posts in the open chat, and mainland sections of this board. If you have other questions give a hollar. Good luck and again if you have any questions just ask. Moosin

adrianvip
07-05-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm from Abbotsford so it will take me more than 2 days driving each way.
I have a 27" Diesel Motorhome and Geo Tracker to replace the ATV.
I will go in August if I will have near the same chance as I will have in October if not I will wait. Going with my friends will be less expensive in gas and more chances to get a Moose or an Elk but I will have to find another destination near by for the kids this summer.
I also start to think of changing my setup from a Motorhome with a tracker to a pickup truck with an ATV and a trailler. I ahve another month to decide. I don't want to get near September to to this.

willyqbc
07-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Plenty of moose in 5-13A. If it were me I would plan my trip for late september with that draw. Important point to remember though is there are NO ATV'S ALLOWED for hunting in 5-13 so you might want to reconsider leaving the tracker at home!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
Chris