ryang95@hotmail.com

DGuest
07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Joke Please

Jelvis
07-03-2010, 06:13 PM
MU 6-8
Smithers North
There's a fairly exstensive road system leading north from Smithers and Telkwa, and these, double cheese burgers are much frequented by moose and grouse hunters .. friend-a-mine. The Main secondary call me harry is the Babine Lake road, with branches to Smithers Landing, Granisle and north again to and beyond where no moose hunter has gone b4, the Babine River. lol
This isn't only fair moose hunting not medium moose hunting no, but good moose country, but you know what road hunter? Drive slow and keep driving , don't congregate at the ends friend. Then $top and $mell the moo$e meadow$. Poke your head into the bush a bit .. half way there ..
What time was it logged or burned and where's the new secret roads lol ..
Jel .. Stay away from Driftwood area heavily settled .. Fries wit dat? A warm up? Cheese? Don't be shy ..

22savage
07-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Fulton lake ,Guess lake, Chapman lake ,get off the beaten track they will have been pressured hard with the open season right before your draw .The big bulls will be recovering from the rut and you may even find that the younger bulls have paired up. Put the miles on your boots find the feed and secluded swamps and water sources and you will find your bull. We have that draw from sept 25 to oct 19 ,would gladly share more current info when we return from are hunt

showtimebc
07-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Fulton lake ,Guess lake, Chapman lake ,get off the beaten track they will have been pressured hard with the open season right before your draw .The big bulls will be recovering from the rut and you may even find that the younger bulls have paired up. Put the miles on your boots find the feed and secluded swamps and water sources and you will find your bull. We have that draw from sept 25 to oct 19 ,would gladly share more current info when we return from are hunt

I agree with 22Savage. They'll be there, but sittin low for sure. Get off the beaten track and into some quiet little holes and you should find one.

silvicon
07-04-2010, 06:26 AM
sorry to say, there are NO moose in 6-8.
way to much hunting pressure from LEh 'hunter' and indians from the Moricetown and Babine reserves.
later maim anything only looking somewhat like a moose (including range cows and horses).

Toad Hunter
07-04-2010, 10:17 AM
range cows are great on the bbq

BCrams
07-04-2010, 10:25 AM
Saw quite a few bull moose up around Morrison Lake a few years back (take the ferry across).

Lots of moose in the hidden spots you can't see from the road that the road warriors will never hunt.

Toad Hunter
07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
the big barge going across the lake is for workers only; the big barge will likely not be running the oct

BCrams
07-04-2010, 10:40 AM
the barge across the lake is for workers only - the big barge. will not be running the big barge during oct

Rules may have changed since I went across on the barge then north towards Morrison. There was a logging camp just south of Morrison by the bay on Babine.

If I had the draw......I personally would focus between Findlay and Baboon Lake on either side of the road. Put some boot tracks down into the hidden meadows etc. Lots of road hunters but lots of moose in the bush :)

Sitkaspruce
07-09-2010, 03:46 PM
the big barge going across the lake is for workers only; the big barge will likely not be running the oct

I have taken the barge, from both side with no problems. We would do the circle route, from The Fort to Babine, across the lake and then drive through BL, Hooterville and back the The Fort. Great way to spend the day.

Contact Canfor in Houston and ask them, they usually have had no problem in the past.

Cheers

SS