PDA

View Full Version : kamloops guides

dougster
07-03-2010, 12:55 PM
are there any good guides in the kamloops area that take people out for whitetail or muleys? Im looking for someone who can teach me how to gut and skin, and help make sure i nail a deer this season. also cost is an issue so im hoping to find someone who doesnt charge an arm and a leg, if your a guide PM me, and if you know of anyone i would appreciate letting me know
thanks

Caveman
07-03-2010, 01:22 PM
All you need is someone willing to take you out a couple times and show you a few things. I have a son that will be in the same boat, maybe you could tag along a couple times to look for a buck, not a big deal. We could go out and do a little shooting first as I know my son will need to practice. I'd like to know your abilty before taking you out as well as most people would. It woud give me a excuse to get out as I'm usually holding out for the "Big One" I can show you some of those areas I was directing you to in the other thread.

Gateholio
07-03-2010, 01:30 PM
All you need is someone willing to take you out a couple times and show you a few things. I have a son that will be in the same boat, maybe you could tag along a couple times to look for a buck, not a big deal. We could go out and do a little shooting first as I know my son will need to practice. I'd like to know your abilty before taking you out as well as most people would. It woud give me a excuse to get out as I'm usually holding out for the "Big One" I can show you some of those areas I was directing you to in the other thread.

Very generous offer. I'd take Caveman up on it, and make sure to buy him lunch and pay your share of the expenses and go out of your way to be appreciative.

bad arrow
07-03-2010, 01:45 PM
PM sent...

Rob
07-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Lots of videos that explain it really well. I think it was Chris (Willyqbc) that has a website with some really good info. Send him a pm. Ill go out with you, but it could take a while before someone drops an animal. Rob

Jelvis
07-03-2010, 02:04 PM
Kamloops hunters rock, Caver good one brah, you know all the area and regulations and boundaries too.
Plus how to hunt deer and moose and where to find them .. grouse also l
Jel .. ..........-------------...........------------..............----------------lllllll Cavemen are hunters!

MuleyMadness
07-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Exactly right...you don't need a guide, you need a mentor/teacher. No sense in spending thousands of dollars (yes that's what it costs) when there are lots of people who will be willing to give you a chance to learn with them. As long as you're a sensible and respectful person, you will find someone to help you out. Also consider joining the KTSA and touching base with people from there to see if anyone wants to take you out, though if I was you I would certainly take caveman up on his offer, as it's not going to get much better than that, and you can learn alongside his son. Win win.

Bonus points if you can figure out what the hell Jelvis is saying most of the time ;)