PDA

View Full Version : Game hanging at cabins (need help)

BigfishCanada
07-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Guys, I need to build something to hang game on up at the cabins. It will need to be large enough to handle moose and deer(at same time even). Has anyone got any suggestions? Any pictures of one you have built?

It will be outdoors, and I was thinking maybe some sort of small roof on it? Im actually not sure where to start.

I was also thinking if any of you guys want to to a barter deal with me, free stay if you build it?

BClakefronts.com Fishing/Hunting cabins for rent less than an hour from kamloops!

BigFish,

http://www.chriscade.ca/redlakesmoke.jpg

Slinky Pickle
07-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I have sent you a PM.

BimmerBob
07-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Why don't you build a cooler so it will work in marginal weather and ensure you don't have fly problems.

Build a little insulated shack with a meat rack and put in cooling system. You could even charge a fee for it as an extra option for your guests...

BigfishCanada
07-03-2010, 11:03 AM
I am open to suggestions, pictures of others would be awesome. I dont find much when googling.

Caveman
07-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Salvage an I-beam, build it into a beam pocket of a shed insolated with 4-6 inches of ridged insolation and a chain hoist on a trolly. Cool-bot system with a window mounted airconditioner for the warmer days.

hillclimber
07-03-2010, 12:53 PM
you could just make one like you find in the bush and then re-inforce it with other logs. pretty simple and it's free

tim3500
07-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Hey Bigfish I hope those hanging poles are strong I have 2 cow calf moose draws and a doe between me and my friend and are staying in your other cabin come Nov 1 if its not done by that time I will give you a hand with it when we get there

BigfishCanada
07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Tim, I look forward in meeting you. We will have the game pole all ready for your cow moose and doe!!