PDA

View Full Version : six point elk

stixnstones
07-02-2010, 10:56 AM
i have a nice six point elk taken fron the fort st.john area head mount. 300inch. its up for sale. how much should i charge for it?

northof49
07-02-2010, 11:26 AM
i have a nice six point elk taken fron the fort st.john area head mount. 300inch. its up for sale. how much should i charge for it?
Depends how good the job looks and cond. I'm thinking try around $800-$1200. Also depends how quick you are trying to sell. Might also be able to do consignment through local taxi b/c they will get more traffic lookin for that sort of thing.

BlacktailStalker
07-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Doubt you'll get what you paid to have it done... maybe better off keeping it?

stitch
07-02-2010, 01:28 PM
No disrespect...but I have always been puzzled why someone would buy an animal that was harvested by another hunter. I can understand a pub or bar purchasing a mount....but if I didn't shoot it and have a story to go with it. Then I wouldn't hang it on my wall. Again I am not meaning any disrespect to you for selling it and I hope you get your money out of it.

Pioneerman
07-02-2010, 01:45 PM
No disrespect...but I have always been puzzled why someone would buy an animal that was harvested by another hunter. I can understand a pub or bar purchasing a mount....but if I didn't shoot it and have a story to go with it. Then I wouldn't hang it on my wall. Again I am not meaning any disrespect to you for selling it and I hope you get your money out of it.

I agree with this, to me it seems like buying bowling trophies from a garage sale to put on my mantle, not something for the average hunter to buy. Have you thought of taking photo's of the mount and sending out to different sporting good stores and outlets in hopes that is something they might want to hang for their customers to see and droll over ? Good luck, no iea what it would be worth

lilhoss
07-02-2010, 02:12 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-ELK-HEAD-MOUNT-TAXIDERMY-/230458535672

You can sell it for a fair bit.Always sports stores,pubs,hotels,etc looking.You don't have to be a hunter to want to buy trophies.

CanuckShooter
07-02-2010, 03:03 PM

If your handle was FisherDude you could buy it and lie that you shot it!!?? Right off your Polaris while out road hunting.....:wink:

d6dan
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
If your handle was FisherDude you could buy it and lie that you shot it!!?? Right off your Polaris while out road hunting.....:wink:
Low Blow CS.. I would think that even you can come up with a better line than that.:?.

elkdom
07-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Low Blow CS.. I would think that even you can come up with a better line than that.:?.

actually it isnt that much a "low blow", nothin wrong with being lazy I say!:wink:
Ive shot a couple of 6x6 elk from the hood of my pick-up:mrgreen:,
and once in while I will take a friend out and set him up so he can shoot an Elk from sitting in his driver seat of his pick-up!:), even though those guys are not so lazy as myself,,,:?

I think some folks are just envy-us!

hunter1947
07-03-2010, 02:44 AM
If you can find the right buyer you could get the coast of what you paid to have it mounted ,there are always buyers out there you just got to find the right buyer..