PDA

View Full Version : first newb questions!

nedarb2
07-01-2010, 10:19 PM
got off topic, sorry didnt want to offend anyone or get into politics.

sawmill
07-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Antlerless means NO antlers.You don`t have to check for balls.In hunting season Males have antlers.If it is antlerless season,don`t shoot the horny guy.
Camo-shamo!I wear jeans,I do pretty well.
As for the last 3 questions,read the regs carefully,it`s pretty much self explanetory.
And finally, if you are not seeing deer you are not looking hard enough early and late and in between .If it was easy it would be called Shopping Season.Good luck,be aware and watch for the signs.(dead dog cafe:mrgreen:)

r106
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
have you taken your C.O.R.E. course/test yet?
________
DODGE MONACO (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Monaco)

lone wolf
07-02-2010, 03:29 AM
X2 on the test yet?

nedarb2
07-02-2010, 07:52 AM
yes have core got it last weekend, just forgot/began over thinking the concepts, its lots of new information to take in over 2.5 days for someone unfarmiliar. thanks guys

Bow Walker
07-02-2010, 08:02 AM
When you're out there looking for animals - take your time. That's the best advice that was given to me when I was just starting. Go slow, stop often, glass carefully, listen hard, and look long.

pnbrock
07-02-2010, 08:06 AM
theres proof the core needs to be taught over a longer period of time and a little more thouroughly.

NaStY
07-02-2010, 08:51 AM
theres proof the core needs to be taught over a longer period of time and a little more thouroughly.

Everyone learns differently. It could be a 2 week course and you will still have people ask questions. Why not just answer them and done with it...

1. Means no antlers period...
2. You changed you dam post so I cant answer the rest.

Dont be discouraged by the few people on the web that have nothing better to do then ridicule.

The only dumb question is the one not asked to begin with.....:mrgreen:

bandit
08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Dont get me started on CORE... you cant teach hunting in a classroom, period. People all learn at different speeds so it makes no sense to assume everyone can learn enough in a day/ weekend / week / etc let alone learning field stuff from a book.

I still like the idea of a probationary CORE... do a 1 or 2 day basic course, hunt one season (with restrictions?), then come back with field experience to pass the full course.

wos
08-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow bandit that's the best idea I have heard in a long loooong time.

JeremyCarrano302
08-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Ya bandit that brilliant