PDA

View Full Version : leh moose draw

noahs ark
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
So I had an extra card and decided I would go for somewhere I have never hunted before. We kinda dropped our finger on the page and landed on cow moose for 3-20. The dates are at a bad time (nov1-10) for me but makes me curious whats up there. The plan was for mulies in Oct but with this draw makes me wonder if its worth it to switch. Was dirtbiking up there years ago but saw only deer. I know theres moose there... Am i wasting my time in 320 for moose or not? (not asking for your honey hole just yay or nay)

MuleyMadness
06-30-2010, 11:26 PM
There are plenty of moose in 3-20, it's well worth going. Good likelihood of snow, and with that a concentration of feed and by extension moose. If I had the draw I would be spending every day there until the tag was punched, plus you have the added benefit of being there at the start of the rut, and there are mulies and white's there.

November is a tough time to hunt bulls but I have found the cow's seem to be much more commonly seen during that time. Hope for cold and snow and you should be doing good.

BearStump
06-30-2010, 11:31 PM
spent a week in there last year and saw lots of cow's. just find a fsr and bring some chains, you'll get your moose.

swampdonkey
07-01-2010, 07:07 AM
that is a one day hunt

SR80
07-01-2010, 08:34 AM
you lucky *******!

noahs ark
07-01-2010, 11:13 AM
If theres one thing ive had practise at its lacin up the jewelry. Sounds like my holidays will be changing. Got a week in August coming up so i guess its time to do my homework and get out there. Thx for all replies.