PDA

View Full Version : waiting on taxidermy work

srupp
06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I have a few animals on the wall..and have never found it hard or difficult to wait for the animal to be completed. UNTILL NOW..:mrgreen:

Its coming up on 11 months and every day..every SINGLE day I wonder when my stone sheep ram will be ready:confused::roll:....its like day after day of the nite before Christmas,,,,,hmmm maybe cracking up in my old age..

Steven

Rackmastr
06-29-2010, 09:19 PM
I dropped off my 2008 bull on March 3rd of 2009. From the sounds of it I should get it by mid August or so.

The waiting is SO darn hard. A good quality taxidermist never seems to be super quick either...heh.

Taking it home the day you get it is like Christmas...mixed with some Redneck Redecorating!

plumbcrazy
06-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Waiting isn't so bad if you know that the mount will eventually show up. Looks like i'm out 700$ and a roosie cap and the taxidermist isn't in business any more.

srupp
06-30-2010, 11:47 AM
son of a b$tch thats scaring me to lose a valued trophy that sucks...

now I am more worried...

I am more proud of that stone sheep than any other animal I have shot....

steven

CanuckShooter
06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
My WT has been at the taxidermy shop going on 2 1/2 years now....:confused:....so your not bad at 11 months imho:mrgreen:

pearljam
06-30-2010, 12:42 PM
My WT has been at the taxidermy shop going on 2 1/2 years now....:confused:....so your not bad at 11 months imho:mrgreen:

Sounds like your taxi has taken on too much work! thats way too long to wait.

Moose72
06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
My cali sheep has been there since sept. Talked to him the other day and will be ready soon. Can't wait!

srupp
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
2 1/2 years is UNACCEPTABLE .....

moose72 post the photos so I can live vicariously through your success..lol...

la la la some...daaaaay my sheep will come......la la la

Steven

Maxx
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
I have a few animals on the wall..and have never found it hard or difficult to wait for the animal to be completed. UNTILL NOW..:mrgreen:

Its coming up on 11 months and every day..every SINGLE day I wonder when my stone sheep ram will be ready:confused::roll:....its like day after day of the nite before Christmas,,,,,hmmm maybe cracking up in my old age..

Steven

I am not even going to tell you how long it took me to recieve my cougar from the same Taxi as your's:wink:....you might cry..

Slee
06-30-2010, 02:28 PM

I would be taking the hide and antlers to anouther taxi and get them to finish it for you.

bighornbob
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
2 1/2 years is UNACCEPTABLE .....

moose72 post the photos so I can live vicariously through your success..lol...

la la la some...daaaaay my sheep will come......la la la

Steven

Harley will probably do most of his sheep at one time, should be coming up soon. I was there a couple of weeks ago dropping off my horns and no sheep were started. I told him I would pick up last years sheep when i bring him this years stone in the first couple weeks of August.:-D

BHB

pearljam
06-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Harley will probably do most of his sheep at one time, should be coming up soon. I was there a couple of weeks ago dropping off my horns and no sheep were started. I told him I would pick up last years sheep when i bring him this years stone in the first couple weeks of August.:-D

BHB

Is Harley the guy out of west kelowna (westbank)? If so any pics of his work?

bighornbob
06-30-2010, 03:00 PM
Is Harley the guy out of west kelowna (westbank)? If so any pics of his work?

yes that is correct. I dont have any at the moment but there are a number of pics that have been posted before. Do a search of Harley white Taxidermy and you should get a few.

BHB

srupp
06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
hmmmm no sheep STARTED???:eek:

sheeesh..deer from last November already back a month ago..and sheep from last August NOT STARTED..:confused:....that doesnt seem right???

that makes me grumpy...ier...

steven

bighornbob
06-30-2010, 03:37 PM
hmmmm no sheep STARTED???:eek:

sheeesh..deer from last November already back a month ago..and sheep from last August NOT STARTED..:confused:....that doesnt seem right???

that makes me grumpy...ier...

steven

You need to take a deep breath, he has only had your sheep 10 1/2 months.

I might see him this weekend, i will ask when the sheep will be done.

BHB

srupp
06-30-2010, 04:00 PM
ok stop hyperventalating..and breath deep...:wink:

Maxx thanx for saving my sanity by not posting the time for your cougar :mrgreen:......

I guess I always thought first in first out...hmmm never ever asked...:confused:..so when deer had been turned back I just "assumed" the sheep was done and I would get a call soon.....

Im sure it will be well worth the wait..................................
.................................................. .................
.................................................. ........................
.................................................. ..............................
.................................................. ........................................

gonna go do some woodwork..and ocupy my mind (whats left of it..)

Did find some Cali bighorns hiding...the 2 rams slid off before I could check em out with the spotting scope...may have to go look at LIVE SHEEP...

cheers

Thanks for talking me down.....lol

srupp

pearljam
06-30-2010, 04:24 PM
yes that is correct. I dont have any at the moment but there are a number of pics that have been posted before. Do a search of Harley white Taxidermy and you should get a few.

BHB

Thanks,

looks like he does some good looking work. Must be good if your getting stuff done by him.

cheers

dana
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Longest I ever waited was 2 1/2 years for my first lion. Even though it took that long, I was not disappointed in the slightest by the work. Funny thing was my dad shot a lion after me and had his back before me. Neimyer did mine, Harley did my dad's. I have to say Harley has a pretty darn quick turnaround for a top-notch taxidermist. 11 months ain't long at all. Steve you won't be disappointed. It'll be well worth the wait.

BimmerBob
06-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I waited over 7 years for a Bald Eagle from a Taxi just outside 100 Mile House. Paid the full amount when I dropped it off and thought I was never going to get it back...