PDA

View Full Version : Cariboo family fishing tips

tikkat3
06-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys I haven't been on the site for a while, first post in a long time. I fished as a kid a bit, and haven't really fished seriously for the last 10 years. Now my wife and kid want to fish, so I have a new reason to take up the hobby more seriously. We want to do a 10 day camping/fishing trip to the cariboo, and visit barkerville at one point, leaving July 8 or so. We have a couple of spincast rods, a walmart seahawk 4 inflatable with a minn kota motor, and 2 young girls. Staying in a camper, bringing the quad. I'm thinking we should troll and spincast from the boat, I don't want too big of a lake due to wind and short battery life for those trolling motors. I was thinking also in the bridge/sheridan lake area is where I should be going, but those lakes seem too big for my boat setup. Problem is in the mapbook, most of the small lakes around there with campsites are said to be more effectively fly fished. I have a crappy, mismatched fly setup but have enough hassles trying to deal with 3 females on my own so I'm trying to keep it simple. Any pointers or ideas on spots in that area that would work for my situation would be most appreciated!

jessbennett
06-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey guys I haven't been on the site for a while, first post in a long time. I fished as a kid a bit, and haven't really fished seriously for the last 10 years. Now my wife and kid want to fish, so I have a new reason to take up the hobby more seriously. We want to do a 10 day camping/fishing trip to the cariboo, and visit barkerville at one point, leaving July 8 or so. We have a couple of spincast rods, a walmart seahawk 4 inflatable with a minn kota motor, and 2 young girls. Staying in a camper, bringing the quad. I'm thinking we should troll and spincast from the boat, I don't want too big of a lake due to wind and short battery life for those trolling motors. I was thinking also in the bridge/sheridan lake area is where I should be going, but those lakes seem too big for my boat setup. Problem is in the mapbook, most of the small lakes around there with campsites are said to be more effectively fly fished. I have a crappy, mismatched fly setup but have enough hassles trying to deal with 3 females on my own so I'm trying to keep it simple. Any pointers or ideas on spots in that area that would work for my situation would be most appreciated!

bosk lake is amazing. nice rainbow, char, kokanee. sand beach. fishing is awsome.

hillclimber
06-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Send me a PM. I know of a small lake or 2 that should suit you fine... as long as a forestry campsite is ok with you.

tikkat3
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
pm sent, thanks a ton!

hillclimber
06-29-2010, 09:02 PM
PM sent back

06-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Pm sent.
Hope the fish are hungry! and the sun is shinin'

tikkat3
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
do you guys think that since this summer is colder than normal the fish might be easier to catch?

06-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Maybe, Fish are effected by water temp.
When are you going?
now that i re read your post with an inflateable you wont have trouble getting you boat into Ghost. It is a quick walk to the beach