PDA

View Full Version : region 3 clarification

dougster
06-29-2010, 05:16 PM
im new to hunting, getting my core in a few weeks. I am wondering, as i read the rules and regs for the season does it say we can actually get both a buck and doe whitetail this season in the open season.... leaving a potential to get both a buck and doe whitetail as well as a muley buck?

Surrey Boy
06-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Yes it is. Only one of each kind, up to a total of three deer, then stop no matter what you have.

dougster
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
so we are allowed a muley doe??? i took the reading as only bucks in muley but one of each in whitetail???

Surrey Boy
06-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Mule does are LEH. If you drew one, you can take it, but you can't exceed a total of three, so something else gets left out. Just like real life, you can't have one of everything.

dougster
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
lol right on, I dont think i will be able to get 2 whitetail in or around kamloops, but the muley buck I dont think will be to much of an issue

ruger#1
06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
so we are allowed a muley doe??? i took the reading as only bucks in muley but one of each in whitetail??? Muley does are on the LEH only.

igojuone
06-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Or you could get a Mule deer buck in region 3 and another Mule deer buck in region 8 then a White-tail buck or doe, just no more then three. Or the same idea with White-tails one with rifle, one with bow and then a Mule deer buck or a White-tail doe with either rifle or bow.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

dougster
06-29-2010, 06:14 PM
so i could say... get a mule deer buck in the kamloops area then go down to oliver area and get another mule deer buck..... then im still free to get either a buck or a doe white tail??? is this correct?

igojuone
06-29-2010, 06:23 PM
That's how I've done it in the past. Got a mule in region 4 then another in 8 then a whitey in 8. Best thing to do is contact a CO, ask them and you should get the correct answer.