PDA

View Full Version : Towing a rv trailers

kamloops killer
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
First I heard this from a guy at work.
He was telling me that they (i guess the goverment ??) what people to have a license to pull a RV has anybody heard of this BS. I think he was pissed because he failed his boaters license (fool). And he knows I'm thinking of getting a RV one day.
Doug

Pioneerman
06-28-2010, 10:22 PM
You do have to have a special license if you are hauling a very large trailer that is over a certain weight class. I am not sure what weight that is, but I was told that a few years ago when changing from my class 1 lic to regular class 5 they give special restrictions for larger units if you qualify

kamloops killer
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
It would be under 24 feet. you would not need a license, I never thought about something like that.
Thanks

Pioneerman
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I am not sure, but I believe that is safe. I was moving my friens mini excavator with him today and he has his new 35 foot travel trailer there and he said did you know that my licens is not legal to move my own trailer, so it brought it to mind again and they you asked about it too.

srupp
06-29-2010, 12:15 PM
hmmm I tow a 30 ' travel trailer havnt needed any special license...

srr

fester
06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/references_publications/trailer_towing_info_sheet.pdf

Bobfl
06-30-2010, 03:07 PM
A large rv pulling a trailer with a weight class I think but am not sure is 5000 kg needs an rv licence. If you are to go into Calidornia they will not let you across the border if you do not have an rv licence.
Anyone with a class 1 overrules the rv licence.
If you are in an accident in BC and you are in convention of the rv act , you will not get icbc coverage.
Contact icbc if you think you are in this category

sparky300winmag
06-30-2010, 05:11 PM
I had a 33 ft toy hauler 5th wheel and when i insured it , i didn't have to have a special licence.They even brought up that issue, but they checked my truck gvw .I think as long as the gvw of the truck can handle it , its fine.