PDA

View Full Version : hunting in the cariboo

Karlolof
06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
So i got a shared hunt bull moose draw with my grandfather for the first two weeks of November! He is excited since this is his first draw in twelve years!
Sorry for you who did not get a draw, next year :???:?

The area is 5-15 zone C. I have been there once before but not in a long time and i am wondering where people, who may know the area, suggest to go. This is the area west of Wells Grey park and next to the Bowron Lake chain and on Quesnel lake.
Also if anyone suggest a good map for the area that i could purchase that would be awesome.
The boundaries of this area have been a little hard to distinguish but i know i need to do more research.

Any suggestions for this area would be awesome. I do know the extreme potential and hazard of snow at that time but wishing for good luck.
Thanks for any help or insight

Tarp Man
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
You need to talk to srupp... he is the king of knowledge for that area. Plus, google earth is your friend! It is amazing what you can see.

22savage
06-28-2010, 08:26 PM
I would try on top of spanish mtn and the upper grain creek areas .Was in there a few years a go and the minning was really starting to ramp up .There was also some new slashes out cedar creek way that should provide some good areas to check out also.

srupp
06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
some GREAT moose areas where you got your draw..late can be a bitch..snow makes it sometimes difficult to move around but does allow tracking of area where the moose are feeding..and NOV. is ALL ABOUT FEEDING ...red willow...first hour in am...

sned me a pm with your ph # and I will make a couple suggestions....

cheers Srupp:-D

shallowH2O
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
feel free to pm me also. I know the area well and can make some suggestions

Karlolof
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I was also wondering of anyone knows of hunting cabins that may be in the area? We do have our truck and small camper but sometimes a base is good to have.
Thanks a lot for the info and i will contact some of you my pm soon.

22savage
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Moore head lake has cabin's for rent it is a little bit of a drive from there to 5-15c .Closer to your area would be the likely hilton rustic and can be noisy on the weekends but it is cheap,there is also another hotel up on the hill in likely but it was a bit pricey for us .