PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Anterless official !

behemoth
06-28-2010, 07:04 PM
WHITE-TAILED DEER 3-12 to 3-20, 3-26 to 3-44 Bucks Sept 10 – Dec 10 1
3-46 Bucks Sept 20 - Dec 10 1
3-12 to 3-20, 3-26 to 3-44, 3-46 Antlerless Oct 10 - Oct 31 1

Jelvis
06-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Wow good move by the MOE this will satisfy many hunters of all ages for sure, increasing hunting days, and giving new hunters a chance at a whitetail deer. A whole three weeks of antlerless whites wow. And whitetail bucks for that long is great, this is real good news for HuntingBC.

mark
06-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Region 4 and 8 has it also! None for region 5 though!
Nice opportunity for hunters just wanting to put some meat down!

RJ
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Im going to do my part :-D

The new cover looks great :)

http://i47.tinypic.com/2142il5.jpg

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
They also jigged the R3 deer limit so you can take 1 WT doe, 1 WT buck, 1 MD buck or 1 MD doe on LEH (but 3 deer max). Used to be only 1 WT, now you can take 2.

I see tender WT doe steaks in my freezer this fall. :smile:

mark
06-28-2010, 10:15 PM
They also jigged the R3 deer limit so you can take 1 WT doe, 1 WT buck, 1 MD buck or 1 MD doe on LEH (but 3 deer max). Used to be only 1 WT, now you can take 2.

I see tender WT doe steaks in my freezer this fall. :smile:

Why the heck didnt reg 4 & 8 get this also???? We have way more whities than reg. 3!

behemoth
06-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanksgiving weekend is gonna be different now.

Being the "BIG" hunting weekend of the year, moose arent GOS any more, so allot of guys may be planning around whitetail hunting as the "Big Trip"

Its gonna be different because somebody might actually get something now ;)

dougster
06-28-2010, 10:26 PM
so are we allowed a white tail doe without the leh??? so legally in open season we can get a wt buck and doe, and a muley buck

betteroffishing
06-29-2010, 05:49 AM
, moose arent GOS any more,

someone please elaborate. no more immy gos ??

peashooter
06-29-2010, 06:15 AM
spike fork from oct 15 to nov 15 in 3 and 8. where are you looking?

No Tag Soup Please
06-29-2010, 06:23 AM
, moose arent GOS any more,

someone please elaborate. no more immy gos ??

I think immy moose used to start October 1st? Starting on the 15th it misses thanksgiving long weekend by a few days, thats what they were talking about.

Roots
06-29-2010, 07:04 AM
Here's a link to those still looking for it:

2010-2012 Hunting & Trapping Synopsis (http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1012/docs/Hunting-TrappingSynopsis_1012.pdf) (PDF)

behemoth
06-29-2010, 07:35 AM
What I meant was spike fork bull moose wont be on GOS for the Thanksgiving weekend because of the later start date

J_T
06-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Reg 4: They removed bowhunters ability to take two does during bow season and they removed the Dec 1 - 20th whitetail bow only. WTF!!!

greybark
06-29-2010, 09:00 AM
:???: Reg 8 WT archery season 33% shortened from 15 to 10 days and GOS extended for those days .
:???:Damn it . Which will happen first ?
a. I get too old to Bowhunt
b. The late Archery season cease to exsist .
BOTH ARE COMING SOON !!!!!!!! As F-D would say WTF !!!!!

dougster
06-29-2010, 09:09 AM
so is it open season for a doe and a buck whitetail without an leh?

showtimebc
06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
yes it is :-)

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
:???: Reg 8 WT archery season 33% shortened from 15 to 10 days and GOS extended for those days .
:???:Damn it . Which will happen first ?
a. I get too old to Bowhunt
b. The late Archery season cease to exsist .
BOTH ARE COMING SOON !!!!!!!! As F-D would say WTF !!!!!

Original proposal was to Dec 20 GB, as it was felt an extra 4 days of bow and some snow would be a win-win. I've got calls in to see WTF happened to aligning the late bow with region 4!

Will let you know what I find out...I think it's a misprint because Dec 20 was what was sent to Victoria. WTF!

J_T
06-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Original proposal was to Dec 20 GB, as it was felt an extra 4 days of bow and some snow would be a win-win. I've got calls in to see WTF happened to aligning the late bow with region 4!

Will let you know what I find out...I think it's a misprint because Dec 20 was what was sent to Victoria. WTF!
Haha, alignment with Region 4 would be the complete removal of the late season archery hunt. Your WTF is WAY to small for the way I'm feeling.

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Haha, alignment with Region 4 would be the complete removal of the late season archery hunt. Your WTF is WAY to small for the way I'm feeling.

Didn't realize they canned the R4 hunt. Can't see why, unless you're as confrontational with Garth as you are with me.

Originally, the rationale was an alignment of R4 and R8 because of the highest R8 WT hunting being proximal to R4 in the eastern MUs. Check back to the region 8 proposals thread I posted on here back a few months.

06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
From the minutes of the Dec 14th KWHAC meeting:

"WT deer: latest version from Victoria has GOS doe season for November only and youth antlerless season Oct 20-31. Optional season is an any sex bow season Dec 1-20 (as we currently have) and, an any buck season Dec 1-10. ____ opposes the late buck season because early snows could result in very high kills and because buck ratios already seem quite low in places and increased buck opportunity will only make this worse".

To me this means we at least should have had a late bow season for does, that would be easily sustainable, there's no way we'll ever kill enough does by hunting to stabilize the population growth anyway.

As a matter of fact, considering the number of WT bucks killed on the highways, railroads, and by predators, the late bow season buck kill was/is truely insignificant and was also easily sustainable in my opinion. If the buck/doe ratio is low in isolated areas it's pretty weak to blame it on the late season bowhunt considering the modest kill level.

GoatGuy
06-29-2010, 02:46 PM
From the minutes of the Dec 14th KWHAC meeting:

"WT deer: latest version from Victoria has GOS doe season for November only and youth antlerless season Oct 20-31. Optional season is an any sex bow season Dec 1-20 (as we currently have) and, an any buck season Dec 1-10. ____ opposes the late buck season because early snows could result in very high kills and because buck ratios already seem quite low in places and increased buck opportunity will only make this worse".

To me this means we at least should have had a late bow season for does, that would be easily sustainable, there's no way we'll ever kill enough does by hunting to stabilize the population growth anyway.

As a matter of fact, considering the number of WT bucks killed on the highways, railroads, and by predators, the late bow season buck kill was/is truely insignificant and was also easily sustainable in my opinion. If the buck/doe ratio is low in isolated areas it's pretty weak to blame it on the late season bowhunt considering the modest kill level.

Guess is it was an omission.

Thought all the talking was about the WK elk.

J_T
06-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Yes, it was an omission. The WK elk and other missed opportunities continue to point at the flaws of the system mostly at the decision makers. Recruitment, harmonization are simply words of convenience.

plumbcrazy
06-29-2010, 04:28 PM
It looks like game numbers must be way to high. General open season on white tail flat tops and elk. Has all the making of a slaughter. I now know where I will not be hunting this year!!! So much for all the years of limited entries I received for does, just so I could help save one. Anyone that once owned a rifle that produced a speeding bullet will be in the woods this year. Stock up now on hunter ORANGE.

Gateholio
06-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Looking forward to hearing the stories of success from many happy hunters with thier whitetail does!:-D

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 04:52 PM
It looks like game numbers must be way to high. General open season on white tail flat tops and elk. Has all the making of a slaughter. I now know where I will not be hunting this year!!! So much for all the years of limited entries I received for does, just so I could help save one. Anyone that once owned a rifle that produced a speeding bullet will be in the woods this year. Stock up now on hunter ORANGE.

Poor you. No idea of proper game management and you're getting your panties in a knot over seasons that will produce the best, healthiest herds of elk and WT we've had in decades.

Sucks to be you.

Surrey Boy
06-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Only a real jerk takes something just so someone else can't have it. Good riddance to you.

aggiehunter
06-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Fisher Dude, Your post to JT really proves who is confrontational...any bowhunter who feels ripped off by the system can thank the upper echalon of the BCRifle Federation...there are some good guys down low but the pooh bahs hate bow seasons.

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Fisher Dude, Your post to JT really proves who is confrontational...any bowhunter who feels ripped off by the system can thank the upper echalon of the BCRifle Federation...there are some good guys down low but the pooh bahs hate bow seasons.

Well, this particular BCWF member WROTE the region 8 proposal that was passed at region to EXTEND your BOW season to Dec 20.

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it Ern.

aggiehunter
06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Maybe as the author of such a progressive suggestion you might man up and tell us who you are....thanks however! PS. Still didn't work though did it...Region 8 got the royal screwing over for bow only....and probably always will...

boxhitch
06-29-2010, 07:27 PM
Em, you should by now understand how the system works.
If something gets voted down by the delegates, the rules of democracy hold true. Nothing underhanded or mysterious about that.
Obviously the idea of a special bow-only season doesn't have enough support, at any level.
Get out and gather support, quit your snivelling

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Get out and gather support, quit your snivelling

Gotta figure he prefers snivelling to any real action. It's easier to give me shit on the internet than what you're suggesting he do, BH. :wink:

behemoth
06-29-2010, 10:06 PM
:cool::-Dsooo, back on track, Im looking forward to seeing and hearing some whitetail doe hunting threads this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fisher-Dude
06-29-2010, 10:10 PM
:cool::-Dsooo, back on track, Im looking forward to seeing and hearing some whitetail doe hunting threads this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! I was talking with the old fella who lives behind me the other day (he's like 86 or 87), tough old prairie farmer, who has shitty luck hunting around here. When I told him about the WT doe season, he brightened right up. "Well, maybe I can get me a flag-tail this year!" he says.

Can't wait to go over to his place for the skinnin' party. :)

sawmill
06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
I see they opened a mule deer buck season here for any buck,about bloody time,nice to see the WT does GOS as well,between the wife and I our family will eat well this winter!I`m gonna pass on the zone x elk though,too many guys for sure this year,that will keep my area a bit less crowded.

sawmill
06-29-2010, 11:02 PM
Glad to hear you won`t be hunting my area.Thank you.

GoatGuy
06-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Yes, it was an omission. The WK elk and other missed opportunities continue to point at the flaws of the system mostly at the decision makers. Recruitment, harmonization are simply words of convenience.
You're getting it.

Recruitment strategy was shelved the year it came out.

GoatGuy
06-30-2010, 01:25 AM

Clueless per the usual

aggiehunter
06-30-2010, 02:03 PM
FisherDude, I agree with your prinicple of the common denominator being a rifle carrying, quad riding, road opening, gos need to kill something hunter...still not right though. And Goatguy...if you think I'm clueless in my assumptions that your buddy FD is confrontational then you need to shake your melon. I know exactly how it works...been there...seen it. PS. Don't forget your mentor's teachings "the world is run by those that show up".

Fisher-Dude
06-30-2010, 05:14 PM
FisherDude, I agree with your prinicple of the common denominator being a rifle carrying, quad riding, road opening, gos need to kill something hunter...still not right though. And Goatguy...if you think I'm clueless in my assumptions that your buddy FD is confrontational then you need to shake your melon. I know exactly how it works...been there...seen it. PS. Don't forget your mentor's teachings "the world is run by those that show up".

Common denominator of what?

I spoke with some bow hunters that I know today from our club to get their input. They said they have more opportunity on WT now than they did before. They say they still have the same total number of days to hunt (Sep 1 - Dec 10), but now they have 22 days of either sex WT in October, and still have 10 days of either sex in December. Now they have 32 days of either sex instead of 16. Good point.

One guy was thrilled with the increased WT bag limit in R3, as he has a honey hole up around Jelvis' place that is thick with WT, and plans on taking a buck and a doe.

So, I'm thinkin' maybe Ern isn't really the voice of bow hunters in the Okanagan.

aggiehunter
06-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Goatguy, I wouldn't discount the GOS Wt as part of the gov't goal of hunter recruit/retention at all...in fact it played a huge role in the implementation of the Wt gos..don't be so hard on yourself.

aggiehunter
06-30-2010, 06:15 PM
FisherDude, So was it your writing of proposals that got the bow season for WT's cut back in favour of rifle guys...probably...I poll 10fold the number of bowhunters you do...easily...and the common thread is...we want our bowonly seasons save as they are a sacred time in the field... they would not trade it for any midterm GOS gongshow to save their bowhunting souls...if any of your bowhunting friends say they would...they are not really bowhunters are they! ps. I am not the voice of bowhunters in BC but I am pro Bow season...period!

GoatGuy
06-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Goatguy, I wouldn't discount the GOS Wt as part of the gov't goal of hunter recruit/retention at all...in fact it played a huge role in the implementation of the Wt gos..don't be so hard on yourself.

Like I said, clueless

aggiehunter
06-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Goatguy, As I said "cheesh" don't be so friggin hard on yourself..the government is listening to you...you should be overjoyed!

Surrey Boy
06-30-2010, 06:42 PM

Thank-you! I've been trying to recruit new hunting buddies, but it's hard to get them hooked without a "beginner" level to start at, and this makes it much better. I'll try to go up around Kwioek Creek this September and bag something with one of them.

boxhitch
06-30-2010, 06:44 PM
...in fact it played a huge role in the implementation of the Wt gos..Funny, that was never mentioned at the table.

we want our bowonly seasons save as they are a sacred time in the field..:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ElectricDyck
06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank-you! I've been trying to recruit new hunting buddies, but it's hard to get them hooked without a "beginner" level to start at, and this makes it much better. I'll try to go up around Kwioek Creek this September and bag something with one of them.

I agree, I'm going to try and get my wife on a doe this year, she's never shot anything and this will be a great opportunity for her.
BTW in all my travels up kwioek I've only seen blacktails.

we want our bowonly seasons save as they are a sacred time in the field... they would not trade it for any midterm GOS gongshow to save their bowhunting souls...if any of your bowhunting friends say they would...they are not really bowhunters are they! ps. I am not the voice of bowhunters in BC but I am pro Bow season...period!I'm not against bow only seasons, but if you want to get away from the crowds with a bow or rifle you just need to drive and hike a little farther, do a little more exploring, there are sacred places in the gos if you aren't afraid to put in a little work.

Surrey Boy
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree, I'm going to try and get my wife on a doe this year, she's never shot anything and this will be a great opportunity for her.
BTW in all my travels up kwioek I've only seen blacktails.

I'm not against bow only seasons, but if you want to get away from the crowds with a bow or rifle you just need to drive and hike a little farther, do a little more exploring, there are sacred places in the gos if you aren't afraid to put in a little work.

You've always got go farther than the next guy for the better spot. Tough guys don't complain, and the amount of complaining I see on this forum causes me to think less of hunters overall. (Especially bowhunters on this thread)

Thanks for the tip on Kwioek!

aggiehunter
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM
SurreyBoy, I hope you get your buddies hooked on huntin...

GoatGuy
06-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Goatguy, As I said "cheesh" don't be so friggin hard on yourself..the government is listening to you...you should be overjoyed!

You think the wt season was ministry initiative?

So clueless it's absolutely amazing.

aggiehunter
07-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Goatguy, Keep reloading...I'm sure you have SOME toes left...there is strong evidence even on this lowly little post that the WT GOS is going to recruit and maybe retain hunters.....seems to me I saw that in print somewhere! Don't be so harsh on yourself....

GoatGuy
07-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Goatguy, Keep reloading...I'm sure you have SOME toes left...there is strong evidence even on this lowly little post that the WT GOS is going to recruit and maybe retain hunters.....seems to me I saw that in print somewhere! Don't be so harsh on yourself....

Taking ignorance to new levels, everyday.

NaStY
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
And this thread had so much promise......